“Better than expected”

Lol-Ha on Akumal Main Bay
Ranked #10 of 39 Restaurants in Akumal
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A view of Lol-Ha Restaurant and Snack bar from the tip of Akumal Bay. Lol-Ha offers seafood, steaks, pizza, mexican food and great burgers. It is kid friendly, casual, and has the best view of the main bay. Check for weekly live entertainment and look into our romantic dinners on the beach. Our staff will welcome you and make you feel at home. New management as of 2009. Same owners since 1984.
Reviewed 18 September 2018

I originally didn't want to eat here as I'd read some bad reviews. However, the food was better than I was expecting and I have nothing to complain about. Not wanting to stray too far from the beach, this restaurant is kind of the only game in town.

Date of visit: September 2018
Akumal2u, Owner at Lol-Ha on Akumal Main Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

We are very happy that you decided to try us out in spite of your hesitation. We hope we never get a bad review, but we also understand that any comment will help us to improve and work on the areas that we fall short on.

Thank you again! We hope you return soon!

Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,567)

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We have always enjoyed Lol-Ha's food, service and view of the bay. The chicken torta sandwich that I had was delicious. A little hard to find driving in because of construction at the hotel's entrance, but once we noticed the signs directing us, we were fine.

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Every year we make a stop to visit with the turtles and have lunch . Food and service are always great and this year was no exception. chiquiles and Aztecs soup were a hit with me and the fish tacos were ok too but not quite as good as the others (ate way too much )

Reviewed 9 September 2018

I ate at this restaurant 3 times while I was in Akumal. The staff is very nice. The food is very good. I will make sure I return on my next trip to Akumal.

Date of visit: September 2018
Akumal2u, Owner at Lol-Ha on Akumal Main Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Thank you so much for your review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our food and service! We look forward to having you back!

Reviewed 28 August 2018

We ate here for dinner twice recently and once for breakfast. The food was great, margaritas nice, and friendly staff. There was live music on the evenings - the first time the 2 people were really good but it was just too loud for dinner. You couldn't hear each other talk, not even the waiter to take the order. Thankfully it got fed back during their break and they turned it down for their second half. I would advise the actual staff and waiters to keep an ear on this as they didn't seem to notice. Most of our party loved the chicken, and the jalapeño fish.

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank Sarah M
Akumal2u, Owner at Lol-Ha on Akumal Main Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Hello and thank you for your review! We will certainly make sure our staff is alert to the volume of the music. This is very helpful for us and we appreciate your feedback!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your meals with us!