29 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.comUS$227
TravelocityUS$216
FindHotelUS$216
9,650 results
All reviews adult pool hemingway bar sports bar mini zoo travel club a la carte restaurants main pool the salt water pool the mexican restaurant mobility issues boogie boarding guest services main buffet kids club surfing lessons time share family pool
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 November 2012

When we first arrived (over an hour from the airport), it was dark and dingy. Surrounded by drunk Mexicans, the overwhelming smell of animal poop from the Zoo and cigar smoke filled the air. Once we were checked in, we got to our room only to find 2 double beds (after specifically requesting a King bed), holes in the wall and ceiling. The A/C did not work, it was a terrible night. The next day we upgraded to the Royal Suites, which was nicer. The beds were clean, no holes, but the toilet did not flush at all. Our second day there, I was taking a photo of a couple and brushed my leg against a covered light - this resulted in a severe second degree burn. The hotel did not nothing to help, accomodate or resolve the situation. I brought it to their attention in fears that a little child playing may brush against it and be burned - the hotel did not care. The burn resulted in no pool or ocean time for me, and left my holiday lacking. The hotel was rude and not helpful. DO NOT GO HERE!

7  Thank Sweetheartt15
AnaMCastro, General Manager at Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2012

Dear Sweetheartt15
I am sorry your stay with us was a disappointed one. Trust me that I am really surprised to read about your injury with the lighting. It is the first time that something like has happened and completely unusually. Second degree is a very important injury to be caused by lighting and I will take action immediately to know where it happened and why nobody in the hotel took care of your situation.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

My husband and myself just got back from the Grand Palladium and we had a wonderful time. We stayed at the Royal Suites and the rooms were fantastic. We didn't have an ocean view, but the suites themselves are just for adults. The room was very clean and had a fully stocked fridge, which was refurbished everyday, and a fully stocked bar in the room. This area has its own pool and a wonderful gourmet restaurant. It also has room service and a bar with food service. We ate at other restaurants on the resort and I really loved the Bambu, which is Japanese food. I found all of the restaurants good, and the staff were very attentive. We also tried all of the pools and checked out everything in the resort, but kept going back to the adult side because it was of course, quieter. The beach was lovely and it was not crowded at all. Over all the food was great, the experience relaxing, and the view was paradise! We went with friends and family for a wedding. This was our third all-inclusive vacation and by far the best.

Room tip: If you want quiet, then it's best to pick the Royal Suites which are for adults only. The Ocean View rooms(which allows children) are also beautiful with wonderful views and you can hear the waves at night. The corner suites are large and some have their own hot tub on the balcony.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Char1hc

Dear Charl1hc
I am glad to know that you are enjoyed your stay in The Royal Suites Punta de Mita. We are continuously working in order to keep our guest expectations high and the comments that we receive from our guests help us to know if we are on the right path.
I you or your family decides to spend your next holidays with us and if there is anything that we can do with your reservation or anything else, let me know or send me an email.
Best Regards

Reviewed 27 November 2012

The brochure said 4 and half star.Defintely NOT. Guests about 50% Mexican - lots of drunks
and very little security. Food is good but the al a carte restaraunts were poorly organized with inadequate staff- no reservations necessary except if you showed up for dinner everything was booked ( how come?)- usually with tables of 10 and lots of screaming kids. Dress code - whatever! Apparently we were the only ones who followed it. We spent one hell of a lot of money to go here and I will never go back. We enjoyed ourselves in spite of the loud music everywhere, the rowdy "get a cheap deal" weekenders and the numberous little things that were never fixed in our room, after all we went for sun and we got it. The Mexican wait staff in the main buffet and the bar staff at the pool were really nice - it is just too bad the people who run this hotel don't give them more credit. They have good ideas but do not execute them well. The resort is also on the side of a cliff - no one in a wheelchair, or with a disability should even consider it - there are tons of stairs and lots of up an down for everything.

2  Thank 24travelgirl
Reviewed 27 November 2012

This was our third visit to the area. This hotel is definitely no longer a desination for couples. Noisy and over run with hundreds of kids. I give the Buffet an awesome rating and the Mexican restaurant was excellent. The other restaurants fair to good. The BBQ on the sand was fun. All the bar staff were great. The Rooms are falling apart but at least the cleaning staff (Elba especially) were meticulous. Martin from Sunwing is a treasure of info. He should be giving lessons to the pathetic staff at the front desk. Everyone at the front desk should be fired. as they stood yacking to eachother and then did nothong to fix problems. They need more mature individuals answering questions who are familiar with issues. The bands were fine but the show boring after the first night. The infinity pool and beach are quite nice and relaxing. The ambiance would be good if there were not a hundred kids screaming and running everywhere. There is nothing wrong with lots of kids (I used to be one) but just not what we are looking for in a vacation.

Room tip: Don't bother. Booking is a mess and we were ignored.
2  Thank James K

Mr James K
First of all I would like to apologize for any misunderstanding that you could have in your room reservation and if our reception staff do not resolved adequately your request. I can not give you an appropiate answer because I do not have all the information regards your situation but I would like to assure you we will take very seriously all our guests comments in order to improve our services day to day.
Again, I really sorry if you didn’t find the services that you expected and for the experience that you had with our front desk staff

Reviewed 27 November 2012

I wanted to start with my sincere thanks to POP ( People of Palladium) first. I did a lots of research before choosing this place and I wanted to try to put all my information here for you.

Lets start with the hotel:

1) Hotel: Place is great, this is very nice resort which you can easily find that management is doing a great job to keep it running in best possible way. The entire facility is super clean and nice. You can hardly find a very small piece of garbage.
There are 2 swimming pools, one for everybody and one for adult which is nicely build on top of the hill and you will have a great view from the ocean when swimming, it will be very memorable when you are swimming under the moon light and the entire ocean is bright because of moonlight reflection.

2) Rooms: we had a regular room with a little extra money to upgrade to ocean view, really worth it, fridge was not enough cold as I think they made a wrong decision to instal in inside the TV stand. TV has about 10 channels, some English and some Spanish with English subtitle. The previous reviewer mentioned that TV channels were not enough but who really cares about TV when is on resort, if you really want to many channels stay at home to have full cable. Beds were great, very clean and decent, good view and good room service.

3) Location: here might be a little problem, Grand Palladium IS NOT IN PUERTO VALLARTA, is out about 30 minutes drive. If you want to go to down town everyday and hang around in town this might not be a great place for you. I will book my next vacation here because they have a private beach, very quiet area, nice jungle, loots of wild animals to see and you are out of crowded, busy, dirty beaches and places, you can get a bus with 2 bucks and go to down town as much as you want. We went to few other resort very close to PV, i would not stay in then even for free. This place is highly recommended.

4) Food several decent buffet, lots of food, breakfast is royal, lunches are great, several A La Cart places, reasonable and good except Viva Mexicana which really need a better chef as this place is not offering good Mexican food in the heart of Mexico. My wife and I did not touch our dishes and went to buffet to eat. I would give 4 from 5 to food.

5) Beach: great environment, great sands, very very clean beach sands and water, beach has some rocks in the water so be careful do not hurt yourself. We loved the beach so much.

6) People: very nice, polite, caring and well trained, I have more than 10 people working for me and I wanted to congratulate the management for such a great team, of course there were a few points specially few waiters in restaurants but they are working hard, their work load is huge, temperature is high and people are so demanding, over all 9 out of 10. Thanks POP.

7) Very fast check in and out. They ARE GREAT.

8) Spa: you have to try it, reasonable price, very nice people ( lots of thanks to Ernesto) , super clean and nicely designed. You will love their private pool, sauna and jacuzzi.

10) Activities: you will be offered lots of activities by your tour rep and hotel tour, get the price from all, ask them about the real time and then make decision. We got city tour offered from hotel, La Vista tour, such a waste of time, drove us around many other resorts for 2 hours to pick up other people, we were all mad, just gave us 30 minutes to see flee Market, no time for shopping, they rushed us to jewelery store which was expensive, then took us to a restaurant name DON TAEDO up in the mountain, food was really bad and super expensive, my wife and i ordered a Fajita dish and got chearge 72 $, such a rip off, then took us to a tequila facotry the same name. DON TAEDO, they claimed and they make the best tequila in the work which is false as per many other Mexican people, offered us 80$ per bottle, do not buy and do not got to this tour. You can buy lots of different brand of tequila in the town or airport and get much better deal and information. I discovered that our tour guide, Arthuro get paid commission from this family. Get the bus, got to town on your own, order your own food, be more happy. We went to a tour rhythm of the night, long boat ride to other part of th PV land in mid of the jungle, they have no road tho there, ocean was dark, entire place was lit up with thousands of candles, great dinner by the ocean and very fantastic show about Mexican civilization, if you are fine the 1 hour boat ride ( 1 hour each way) do it, great time.

11) User VJY22 put a lots of comment about local people that they gets drunk and cut in the food line and more. We did not see even one example, they were all nice and good to us, what I saw lots of non local guests got drunk in swimming pool, use too many F words, talk harshly, acting selfish and be rude to local people. Many of them thought that with paying on small tip can do what they want. I saw non local guests brought food to pool and did not care about signs and security request to not to bring food, to me Mexican people were very nice.
Please judge yourself and look into mirror before coming to public website and put rude and non fairs comments and use a wide term like " LOCAL PEOPLE" which is targeting almost their entire nation.
Thanks to Mexican people for letting us using their land to have such a great time.

At the end we left Palladuim very happy and did not say good bye as may never come back, we just said see you soon. This place is highly recommended.

6  Thank Canadavet

Dear Canadavet
I am glad to know that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us. This is a very extensive report and I really appreciate the time that you took to write your comments about your stay in Grand Palladium Vallarta. I will take note about your suggestion regards our thematic restaurante Viva Mexico in order to improve our service and offers to our guests.

I hope that you decide to spend your next holidays with us and if there is anything that we can do, please let me know or send me an email.