“Hidden Treasure”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Enjoy the Sunrise from HDM206's Grand Patio at 6:30am
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Jeff A
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed 23 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

I cannot imagine finding a better condominium in Punt de Mita for a family vacation. The unit has the best ocean front location of a all the condominiums in the HDM complex. It is beautifully furnished throughout and has a gourmet kitchen. We spent the mornings and evenings relaxing on the huge lanai listening to the waves crash. The unit is located right next to the town where you can walk to some amazing oceanfront restaurants for specialty cocktails and great dining. The concierge staff and service was the most accommodating we have ever experienced. In addition, Suzanna prepared us authentic Mexican meals for breakfast and lunch and afternoon appetizers as well as cleaning the condo and doing our laundry. She was an outstanding chef and a joy to be around. Punta de Mita offers a variety of activities from sightseeing, surfing, snorkeling and golfing among many others. We all loved our week at HDM206 and we plan on coming back again soon!

Management Response
23 May 2017
Thank you so much Jeff - we look forward to having you back!
steve r
Redmond, Washington
“This will be a vacation of a lifetime! Best Ever!”
Reviewed 27 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017

You will not find a more inviting and beautiful condominium unit in all of Punta de Mita, Mexico. This was our third year going back to Hacienda de Mita, but this unit is far and away the best unit we have ever rented. It is about 4,000 square feet and offers two unbelievable master suites, another room with two plush queen size beds, and then two bunk beds and each room has it's own ensuite bathrooms. Beautiful set up for our three teenagers. The condo is outfitted with top notch appliances...professional viking stove, Sub Zero fridge. One of the reasons it was so incredible is SUZANNA! She is at the unit several hours per day taking care of your cooking, laundry and cleaning. The food is truly gourmet, authentic, Mexican fare. I would highly suggest giving them the number in your party, letting them know what you like and then let them decide on your shopping. Not only would we have only needed three shirts for the entire trip (because she does laundry every day), but we actually came home with all of our clothes clean. That has never happened before. The deck is beyond words. It is as if you are floating on the ocean. The only way you could be any closer to the water is if you removed the gorgeous pool that is directly below your deck. Gentle waves put you to sleep at night, or fall asleep on one of the deck couches under the stars. The condo is also completely wired should you need wireless or television, but the TV were rarely used. The golf cart is just an added perk. It is not one of the older 4 seaters but a more industrial type six seat vehicle. The access to the St. Regis, Kupuri, or Four Seasons beach clubs will leave you with a tough decision each day. We also had access to some of the world's greatest golf courses. The concierge was very helpful, and Shirley always picked up the phone and handle all of our transportation to and from the airport, as well as handling scheduling our ziplining, surfing excursions and reservations (though you rarely need dinner reservations). We will be booking this every year. Thanks for such a great time, Michael and Suzanna! See you soon!

Kim U
Denver, Colorado
“True paradise.”
Reviewed 16 January 2017 for a stay in January 2017

This is an honest review of our stay. I was not paid for this review.

My dad was looking for a once-in-a-lifetime vacation to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday. He had a long list of wants for the locale and residence. After considering several places around Mexico, we took a chance with this condo.

The booking process was easy. Michael was wonderful to work with and allowed us to handle our payment through VRBO instead of wire transfer. Still, I was nervous that we would not get what we were expecting.

A month before our arrival I was contacted by Shirley, our concierge for our stay. I worked with her to figure out transport and groceries. At first she told us that she would not be able to accommodate our entire group in one van, and I was not willing to pay for two vans. Based on other reviews, I decided to book with a third party transport service that assured me they would be able to comfortably fit us all in one van, provide a car seat for my toddler, and provide water and beer for our commute. Also, based on other reviews, we decided to handle our own grocery shopping and the transport service would take us to the Mega store without an additional charge.

The day of our arrival had a few surprises. First, our transport service was not what it promised. Our van was actually a taxi service arranged by the transport service. It did not have a car seat and my dad ended up leaning against the door the entire ride as there wasn't enough seating. Also, the driver who did not speak English, took us to a small grocery store that did not have all the ingredients we required. He also seemed confused as to where he was taking us. When we finally arrived at Hacienda de Mita, the driver was not happy with our tip and insisted more for the time he had to wait for us. I ended up cancelling the transportation services for our return.

Shirley greeted us at the lobby area and had a grocery cart ready to load up our groceries. She escorted us to the condo and gave us the tour and some key bits of information for our visit. She was really helpful throughout our trip.

The condo was magnificent and everything we thought it would be. It has a wow factor that any resort could not compare. The 900 sq ft patio just draws you out to admire the views. We spent most of our time out on this patio.

Our first day at the condo, a Saturday, we did not have chef services. We got in late in the afternoon so we got settled in and went to the town to enjoy dinner on the beach. We settled on Si Senor, which was a fabulous choice. The atmosphere was great, our servers were lively and fun and the food was fantastic. They also did a little birthday celebration with chocolate cake and there were fireworks going off down the beach. It was wonderful.

The next day we had Rebecca as our chef, filling in for Susana. She was a bit shy but prepared wonderful meals and was meticulous with the cleaning. Susana was our chef and housekeeper for the remainder of the week. Her margaritas and guacamole were wonderful. Every meal she cooked was beyond delicious. One night she even treated us to a flan, and a lemon ice cream. I couldn't tell you which meal was my favorite - they were all fantastic. Susana was wonderful and friendly. We also had a guest with a gluten allergy and Susana was always accommodating.

The pool was very relaxing. We spent most mornings at the pool and had it to ourselves each time. We would float at the edge of the pool and watch the paddle boarders wide the waves. The beach was nice and sandy and was great for early morning walks. Security keeps a close eye on it so it really feels like your own private space. The edge of the beach along the water is really rocky, and when the tide goes out, you can see all of the rocks and coral in the shallows. It's not really great for swimming.

However, if you want swimming and relaxing on the beach, the two beach clubs accessible with the condo are fantastic. Residents Beach is a little tricky to get to as there are no signs directing you how to get there. It is small, has a small pool, drink and food service and equipment rentals. The sand on the beach is like brown sugar, so soft! The water is very calm. This was the perfect place for some stand up paddle boarding if you are a beginner, and we saw several pods of whales from this beach.

The other beach club, Kupuri, was our favorite spot to hang out. We spent most of our afternoons here. The club is above the beach so there are steps leading down. There are several coral and shells on the beach. The water was fantastic. Plenty of waves to body board on or splash in. The water was warm most days. The club itself has a large pool and a kid pool. Plenty of chairs, several bars, a restaurant, fantastic showers and beautiful views. We saw whales from this beach as well.

The golf cart was a great asset. It is included with the condo rental for #206 (not true for every condo). We used it to take leisurely rides around the property, back and forth to the beach clubs and we took Susana home most nights because we asked for a late dinner time.

From our patio we watched sunrises, sunsets, whales jumping, boats come and go across the bay. During our stay we had a full moon and it just lit up the beach at night. The two teenagers with us slept on the patio each night.

We had Shirley arrange a boat trip to take us whale watching and snorkeling at the Marietta Islands. She got us a private boat with Captain Oyster. We had a fantastic time! We met him right off the beach and he took us right up to a mother whale and her calf. If you decide to visit the hidden beach at the Mariettas, this must be booked well in advance (which we didn't do). There are limited permits that can take visitors to the hidden beach. We did not get to go to that, but our Captain showed us all of the other hidden coves of the island and the snorkeling was so much fun!

Overall, this really was a dream trip that made us feel relaxed and pampered on every level. The condo was beautiful and really felt like our own private paradise. We were incredibly sad to leave!

Parents_o...
Winnipeg, Canada
“Amazing! Lovely location and views! Great staff!”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I do not even know how or where to begin with our review of Hacienda de Mita 206... except to say that each moment ONLY got better! Never once were we bored and after ten days we were not ready to leave. It is impossible to adequately express what a great experience we had.

I want to extend my sincerest appreciation to Mike for his outstanding communication. You can be assured that you will always receive an efficient response to any question and request you may have from either the Manager, Shirley at Concierge or any of the staff. Confirming our reservation was effortless and efficient. Mike provides you with more than sufficient information on everything you need to know.

We have been visiting the Punta Mita area for over 10 years now... and we wanted to try something different. To be honest, at first I was very tentative... even the morning we were leaving for the airport, I said to my husband... "what if I made a mistake"? What an unnecessary worry!!!

I had sent our menu request ahead to Shirley. I then stopped en-route and picked up additional groceries, drinks and snacks I knew we would enjoy. Susana, the sweetest and best cook, had given Shirley the list of groceries she required. This is a GREAT system, and the cost for groceries is so reasonable. I was very impressed as there is no "upcharges", they provide the receipts and you know exactly what everything costs. If you have any cravings for snacks or specific foods, the grocery store in Emiliano Zapata is stocked with American name brands at resort competitive pricing, worth it for the convenience!

You will immediately notice that this villa is NOT furnished like a rental but a very well thought out home, with BEAUTIFUL art work and pieces. The kitchen and dining area is set up with anything you could ever need or want. The master suite is lovely. Every time I walked into the unit, I just sighed over the two chairs in front of the picture window in the Master Suite... that was one of my favorite spots! The view was exquisite. The bed in the Master Suite and the linens were so comfortable... you are guaranteed a great night's sleep every night! The whole villa is spacious and well thought out. The outdoor living room is divine and it was effortless to get up before sunrise in anticipation of it’s morning glory!

Susana and her assistant Rebecca will MAKE YOUR VACATION a DREAM!!! they are lovely ladies who look after the details to make sure you know you are on a holiday. Our villa was immaculate and well cared for. The FOOD was DELICIOUS! WOW... who needs to eat out? You will fall in love with them… they are precious.

What makes this unit stand out is it’s location. Hacienda de Mita is one of the view complex’s in the Four Seasons Resort that has direct beach access and a place to keep your surf boards! El Anclote is a great surf spot and when the waves are mushy, you can paddle surf. Emiliano Zapata has great surf shops to rent from or take lessons! The property is immaculately maintained and we loved the overall quietness of the resort.

The COMPLEX and resort is MASSIVE and PARADISE. There are endless miles of walking/running paths. The Golf Course is beautiful, of course. The Beach Clubs are fun and a nice alternative to the Hacienda Pool. The menu at Kapuri and Residents is very reasonable and the service is excellent!

Hacienda de Mita offers you a GREAT VALUE. It includes so many amenities, like the GOLF CART , a cook and housekeeper… and access to the beach clubs! I can not comment about the TV's as we did not turn them on once!!! The internet is great. And when our return flight was cancelled, I was grateful for a Vonage phone.

We received our damage deposit less than two weeks after our return! So appreciated. There is so much more I could say... but sadly I am out of room! You should know this… we are already planning our return!

kerenlr
Denver, Colorado
“Dad's 70th! Amazing Trip!”
Reviewed 10 June 2016 for a stay in June 2016
person found this review helpful

We had the best trip down in Punta Mita. Susanna and her sister both cooked the best meals and our place was always clean. Shirley was very helpful and made all our dinner reservations and decorated for our dad's birthday. We loved Hacienda de Mita and the beach club. The only negative things were that we weren't aware everything needed to be paid for in cash so that would be good to tell people coming down since not everyone carries a ton of cash and uses credit cards. The only other thing I will say is that the unit doesn't sleep 8 because the room with bunk beds is very small and crowded. It's where they keep all the cleaning supplies and do the laundry. It would be hard for 2 kids to even sleep in there. My suggestion would be to take a lot of the stuff out of there and find another closet to store the towels, cleaning supplies, etc in.

Other than that it was one of the best trips ever and the unit is beautiful! The view from the patio is awesome and there is a lot of space on the patio to hang out and relax.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing