All reviews mr salvador visa stamping the hotel staff place to stay visa interview recommend this hotel hotel restaurant local market his team complimentary breakfast the hotel is conveniently located rooms are clean safe place nice area comfortable stay exceptional service vegetarian options
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel twice since we’ve been going to our dentist in Matamoros. The hotel management is very professional. The rooms are clean and efficient and towels are WONDERFUL! We will stay here each time we’re in MEX.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
JULIO H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Plaza Matamoros, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Hi, Good afternoon

It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest we hope that you enjoyed your visit that our service has pleased you.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

I was in Matamoros for my H1b visa stamping. I parked my car at Brownsville, Texas and Salvador picked me up from there to check me in to the hotel. The hotel room was clean and neat. The food at the restaurant was very good. They were always ready to customize according to my taste. I had a delay in receiving my passport and had to stay there for over a week. I kept visiting the consulate everyday to check the status of my visa and Salvador was always open to leaving and picking me up. After I received my passport, he also dropped me back at the port of entry. Salvador is very helpful and genuine. It was overall a comfortable stay. If you are traveling to Matamoros, I would definitely recommend using his service.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
JULIO H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Plaza Matamoros, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Hi Karthik

Please call me if you need to come to Matamoros again
My u.s. cell phone 956 545 5255

Reviewed 2 August 2018

When I arrived I was greeted with "Que Reservation?". Front desk lady made it clear she didn't speak any English and appeared disappointed to find I did in fact have a reservation. I asked for Julio and was asked "Que Motiva?" I tried to explain to her because Julio spoke English. Finally, she said he was "Occupado". The whole 3 days she seemed determined not to help. I asked for a taxi driver that spoke English. She did call for the taxi, but didn't request a driver that spoke English. Tried asking again for Julio, but was told he is off Saturday's, so I asked for Mr. Salvador, but she told me he was "Occupado".

The cleaning staff were the most helpful. When my key card didn't work the cleaning lady went and fixed it with a smile. Business would skyrocket if Mr Salvador would swap the cleaning staff and the front desk staff. Would have been great after 6 hours of travel to have been greeted with a kind and helpful front desk. Present front desk staff can take all that customer anger out cleaning the hotel.

Room and hotel were very clean. Breakfast was good. Immediate area around hotel was clean and safe. Good restaurant across the street. Long wait(2 hours) at border to return to US.

Tremendous potential to improve by sharing knowledge of Matamoros. Found taxi drivers had little knowledge of area and didn't speak English. Just think if the staff was able to recommend a liquor store, restaurants, etc. Hotel staff and customers would be much happier at the end of the day.

Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank mjwrightw
JULIO H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Plaza Matamoros, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2018

Hi Mr. Wright

We are really sorry about the bad experience in our hotel, we are working to improve our service in all areas

So please be secure that in your next visit the service in the front desk will be totally different

Best regards

Reviewed 18 July 2018

The rooms are not great they are outdated and not very clean. But they really need to better train the staff members. At check in the guy at the hotel offered us two different prices one that included breakfast and one that did not de diceded to pay the extra $100 pesos per room and get the breakfast. We assumed it would be something simple like sweet bread and coffee when we got to the breakfast area it was an actual restaurant.The restaurant was pack so only 4 out of our party of 12 got to sit the rest of us went back to the room. 30 min later we came back down and they had pleanty of empty tables but they were all DIRTY. The party of 4 that had already been sitting for about 30 min was pretty upset because they hadnt gotten their drinks and only one person had recived food. We then asked the server if they could get some tables cleaned up so the rest of us could sit down and order and we went ahead and asked her about the missing food her response was that she was only the server not the kitchen. She came back to the dirty table and only picked up half of of the table and asked what we wanted to order I told her I would like it if she finished cleaning the table and got us some menus so we could order and she just walked away with out picking anything off of the table. At this point we went to the front desk to see if we could speak to a manager. The lady at the front desk was no help she said there was nothing she could do not even give us a refund sine the breakfat was free. We told her that was not what the person at check in told us and her response was that she didnt know why he would tell us that if that isnt true. We decided to just check out with out any breakfast because we were getting no where with the staff they were instead just blaming each other. The whole situation was just really unprofessional when everything had a simple fix just do your job youre a server apologize for the missing food, and clean off your tables so you can take other peoples orders.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank janelarguello
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Like a score of others, I too contacted Salvador for the purpose of visa stamping. Salvador and his team were incredibly helpful throughout the process, starting from picking me up in the US to dropping me back once we collected the stamped passports. Salvador particularly is a very humble gentleman that showed sincere care during my stay. Would gladly recommend to anyone looking to get their visa stamped in Mexico.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
JULIO H, Front Office Manager at Best Western Hotel Plaza Matamoros, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018