Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello
Motel Bel Eau(Montebello)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$78
Eco Spa Highland(Grenville-sur-la-Rouge)(Great Value!)
US$120
Motel Napoleon(Masson-Angers)
US$88
US$155
2,272 results
All reviewschateau montebelloindoor poollog cabinhorseback ridingottawa riversided fireplaceoutdoor activitiesmain lobbygrounds are beautifulcross country skiingwinter activitiesresort feecrepesone of a kindmini golfmarch breakoutdoor bbq
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a great property!. We stayed in April so it was low season. We virtually had the hotel to ourselves. The hotel's main lobby is magnificent with its huge fireplace and ever so cozy couches. The rooms are dated but in a good way. Yes the hotel needs some new furniture and a little reno but i hope they retain the charm and character that we so loved as part of our experience. The pool is a must visit. There is a lifeguard, change rooms and hot tubs and a sauna.
I was able to attend a free curling demo at their curling rink. Denis was my coach and what a great guy. Thanks so much!
The staff were all friendly and helpful as one would expect at a Fairmont.
The town of Montebello is easily accessable by way of a forest path. Seriously a short walk. I could see that the hotel would be a fabulous place for families during both winter and summer.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Colleen S
ChateauMontebello, General Manager at Fairmont Le Chateau Montebello, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

It is such a pleasure to read your review Colleen S! Thank you so much for taking the time to provide it!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Not bad of a hotel in the middle of nowhere. Not too many restaurants around and they should include breakfast included in the price. The price should of been cheaper as a group then shown on the website.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just another relaxing and enjoyable day at the chateau. Stayed for brunch. Even, unhurried service. Drinks by the fire with friends. Bruno, at the bar, knows his drinks! Dreaming up reasons to stay longer...

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you Randy2620!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Brought my mom here for a night for her birthday using the Canada150 promotion and wished I booked two nights! I think it was the first time I didn't want to leave a hotel. So relaxing! Love the cozy ambiance and wood/stone surroundings! The employees were all amazing, very down to earth, friendly and helpful!

I was a bit concerned about the rooms as many reviews mentioned how outdated they were, but we thought the room (standard room with two double beds on second level) was quite charming and fit in nicely with the chalet decor. The beds were extremely comfortable with ample pillows! I rarely sleep well in a hotel but had a wonderful nights sleep! The room was a tad warm in the morning but the windows opened so we had access to a beautiful breeze. The room also had a little fridge, a keurig coffee maker with complimentary coffee and tea and an electric kettle.

We went into town for dinner (Le Bistro) because the main restaurant was closed for renovations and it was good value with great service. The weather was not the greatest so we drove, but would have loved to use the walking path into the village.

We swam in the beautiful huge pool and enjoyed a complimentary curling lesson in their indoor arena (all to ourselves because nobody else showed up!). We brought a couple of games (& snacks) and played at one of the many seating areas in the lobby around the massive stone fireplace thanks to a suggestion from a previous reviewer! I did notice they had board games available in the concierge office as well.

I can't wait to return with my spouse and children. What a beautiful place to take a family...so many activities and yet so relaxing, there is something for everyone.

The hotel seemed very quiet, I am not sure if it was just because it was mid week but I hope not because we really enjoyed the peace and tranquility.

Overall I really can't understand the negative reviews unless you did not look at the pictures on the website and are expecting modern decor (it is very victorian rustic). Chateau Montebello is a gem and a we can't wait to return!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

WoW! I love to read your review! It is exactly how we want our guests to enjoy our Hotel! April midweek is indeed a quitter time..

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Attended a conference, the facilities were good the rooms clean but a bit dated. Buffet breakfast was very good but the lunch and dinner were so-so. Our third go-round at this site. They are a good conference location.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with fairmont.com

Thank you for sharing Robert!!