All reviewsscallopsthe cottagesno elevatorfamilies with young childrenmain dining roomfantastic staya special placeseafoodbeds were comfortablefive nightsnorth shoreart gallerybedroom cottagebreakfast was includedyogurtpei national parkhotel room
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Booked 2 nights here on July 29th and 30th. My wife checked in and they asked if we were with the "wedding party" ... wth. No one told us there was a wedding when we booked and never contacted us on this. We wanted a quiet getaway in the woods ... not happening. Sad customer service in that respect. Since the wedding was on, their restaurant was closed to us for dinner. Another bad mistake. They suggested other locations, not why why we came there. Travel to the beach was carved thru the bush and got eaten by huge masses of mosquitoes. Not a good idea, you can drive around a few minutes to get there. My 2 cents is a not so nice beach. Brown water. Dunes there are kind of neat. Back to the resort, We had a couple of breakfasts since the morning after the wedding they opened it up to us. Both breakfasts were very good. One massive thing i need to say is our dinner in between. Absolutely a disgrace to PEI mussels. Shaws advertised about some Chef they hired last year and the menu was top notch ... not close at all. My mussels were covered in shredded cheese and bacon bits ... wth?? Why is a chef serving that mess. I can cook better than that. Trust me, worst thing I have seen and tasted. The Chef should be ashamed if he actually has that title cuz if he signed off on it .. he should be demoted.

I'm giving a 3 for the resort and room not the service or dinner i had. Rooms are "oldish" but workable. Your choice on if u want to go there.

Room Tip: Cottages are available for rental. We stayed in main hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2018

Our group stayed one night. Unfortunately there were some season opening issues. We had a cottage. One of our group has asthma and couldn't stay at the cottage due to the musty odours. Airing out the cottage before our arrival may have helped. Management agreed to put the couple in a room in the main building but this left them separated from our group. We are a cycling group that had just rode a long way in poor weather and, among other things, were looking forward to cleaning up. But there was no hot water. Later a staff discovered that the water heater had been left in a warm setting. Those staying in the cottage eventually became use to the odours and we enjoyed our stay; especially with the large wood-burning fireplace. Dining was excellent although the waitress appeared to be inexperienced and the internet went down leaving us waiting for our bill for about a half hour while staff were trying to do it manually. WiFi didn't work at the cottage. The next morning there was only enough water for two showers.

I expect that they will get over these issues and provide an enjoyable experience for those coming after us. Providing us with complimentary drinks would have helped but it was never offered.

Room Tip: Don't go before July.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2017

This family Inn combines all that is good about PEI. Quiet. Serenity. Incredible views. Fields to roam. Walking trails to the adjoining National Park, biking routes and one of the world's great beaches. Seafood and other fine options. Kayaking. Cycling. Proximity to city shopping, dining and entertainment. Close to the famous North Shore tourist areas. Lots of accommodations options.
The best, though? The people. Each embodies what it is to be an Islander. Wholesome, Helpful. Intelligent. Accommodating. Polite. Available to help without imposition.
When I ask folks to meet in Canada this property provides a venue that intones positive messages about who we are as Canadians.
A pleasure.

Room Tip: Speak with the owners about your needs and desires. They will help you make the right choice.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank daniel p
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We were in cabin 9, as Cabin 10 had a problem with the hot water heater. A great location, private and near the water. Wonderful views. We only ate in the restaurant once and found it to be good, but a bit overpriced. However, breakfast was included and was excellent! The cabin was very clean and everything was in working order. Beds were comfortable and shower was great with plenty of hot water. I would go back again and would recommend Shaw's to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 September 2017

My husband and I spent three nights and two days at Shaws....the food was great and the hospitality was wonderful....we weren't "wowed" by the hotel rooms, but had the opportunity to look at the cabins for a future trip and will definitely choose one of them next time! WiFi was sketchy and the rooms have no phone, the front desk doesn't open until 8am...my main criticism for the room was that the bathrooms were small and there is no coffee available until the dining room opened at 8am (we are early risers).

Room Tip: If you want coffee at your leisure, book a cabin. Also, room A/C unit was noisy
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple