Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbrew pubcookiesthird floorbeautiful hotelmain streetbeautiful roomstaff were very helpfulup to datereception areamodern styleupon checkwine regionsitting roomnice touchnice big bathroombeer flightbutterfly room
Reviewed 18 March 2018

My husband and I booked a room recently at The Grove Hotel for my birthday. It is an older Hotel that has been updated. We stayed in a rooon on the second floor which faced the Main Street of Kingsville. It was lovely, with a four poster King size bed, large flat screen T.v., desk, comfy chair and ottoman and other accents. The bathroom was clean and bright with a walk in shower. We also had access to a balcony, although being March it was a bit cool to sit outside. At the back of the building is an elevator which will take you directly to the Brew House restaurant where we ate supper. It is so handy, as there is no need to leave the building. We found the Hotel to be quite charming. There is a Tassimo coffee machine and cookies and muffins available directly across from the check in desk. The young lady that checked us in was very personable. The only negative comment I can make about our room is that there was a small window above the balcony door which let in a fair bit of light from the outside street lights. I prefer a dark room to sleep in and subsequently found it difficult to fall asleep. However, we found the Hotel very quaint and quiet. We would highly recommend this Hotel to anyone looking for a nice relaxing get away!

Room Tip: Probably a room at the back of the Hotel would be quieter and darker to sleep in.
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SuzieQSue
Jennifer F, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay! Thank you so much for your feedback and we hope you will be back again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed 16 March 2018

My girlfriend and I were encouraged to stay here as we were in a wedding and the rest of the wedding party were staying here minus a friend of mine who was a block away in an AirBnB.

PROS: The hotel itself is charming and rustic. Our suite and bathroom were large and spacious. The hotel is also conveniently located in the center of town and has a nice restaurant/brewery attached to it.

CONS: We arrived late Friday night. I called ahead to inform them of this and was recommended to pre-authorize my card and give my keys to a friend who was also staying a the hotel as the hotel front desk shuts down at 11....(makes no sense) Its called a night audit..Look into it! Any way, after jumping through hoops I was unable to even enter the building as the front door locks at 11!?! We were stuck outside in the freezing cold with no phone service... We were so Lucky I knew where my friend was staying and that he was only a block away otherwise we might have frozen to death (not joking) The next day after sleeping on my friends couch and floor, the blonde woman working the desk was very short/rude with me and my girlfriend, and we didn't even really complain!? She rudely told me there was a number to call on the front door( I saw no number and beside the point had NO SERVICE.... after getting chastised by the blonde woman we had to rush to get up to our room so I could get ready for the wedding pictures... Nope.. The lock to my suite was broken.... it took 30 minutes to get in my room so I could shower, put on my tux and get ready for pictures and the ceremony...Naturally I was late because of this.. The front desk woman offered to comp one nights stay, I reluctantly agree as the should have thrown in free drinks or a meal as well... To add insult to injury, when I checked out I found out that only $100 was removed not even enough to cover half of one nights stay....SMH.... There is also no water or amenities in the room so bring your own... I don't recommend this hotel unless the can drastically improve there service. You are better off in an AirBNB or Best Western...

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hart B
Jennifer F, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2018

We would start be apologizing for your recent experience at The Grove. We acknowledge that we had issues with your room door lock - which was very unfortunate, but we took steps to rectify it as soon as possible.

As far as the late check in goes, we do only accept check-ins until 11:00pm and this is clearly explained to you, not only on your confirmation email, but two additional emails prior to your arrival. We thought that we had made adequate arrangements by leaving a key with friend, and are very sorry that this did not work out in the manner that we had planned. We lock our doors in the evening for the safety and security of our guests and a contact number is posted - we are so sorry that you missed that or were unable to contact us.

We had hoped that providing you with a $100 credit and delivering complimentary beer to your room would have been an adequate acknowledgement of the issues and that you would have considered this good customer service.

We will review your comments and aim to make improvements where we can.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we again apologize that we fell short on meeting your expectations.

Reviewed 14 March 2018

I stayed at the Grove Hotel last weekend for a friends wedding. The staff was amazing from arrival to departure, and catered to our every need (early check-in, extra towels, etc.). We stayed in the Butterfly themed room - the beds were SO comfortable! The hotel also features a coffee station with cookies, granola bars, and apples available in the lobby all day/night long in case you need a snack.

We visited the Brew House on multiple occasions throughout the weekend. The staff was so friendly and attentive, and the beer was wonderful! If I ever find myself back in Kingsville, I would definitely stay at the Grove again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Jennifer F, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

We are honoured that your group chose The Grove Hotel as its homebase for such an important day and thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations on this visit. Thank you for the feedback and we hope you will be back again soon.

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We have stayed here a couple of times now and have no concerns with the quality of the room or the service. It is a quaint hotel with the only draw back being that the room was on the small side. But, it did not bother us because we were not planning on staying in the room for any extended periods of time outside of sleep. It is quiet and peaceful and definitely a worthwhile stop.

Room Tip: Some rooms are small so it you need more space, you should request a larger room.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Jennifer F, General Manager at The Grove Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide a review. We appreciate your comments regarding the rooms - but our historic building with all of its challenges, is also what makes us unique. We hope you will be back again for another visit to another one of our fabulous rooms. Cheers!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

I stayed at the Grove back in October for a solo trip I went on to explore the wineries of Pelee and Kingsville. The staff at the Grove were amazing from the time I called to book until the day I left and every encounter in between. The room I stayed in was the Einstein room which was VERY cool. I love the themed room idea. I visited the pub attached to the hotel twice. Food and service was excellent on both occasions! I will definitely be back in the springtime for another stay! They are definitely doing something right and my stay was incredible!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Thank you for your very favourable feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we can't wait to have you back. The spring/summer season is amazing with so much to do outside in our area. We will see you again soon!