“Delicious food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 11 August 2017

We were staying in a hotel near by and found this restaurant in a small town. The restaurant only serves fish and sea food but is highly recommended if you are looking for fresh and yummy food. You can choose a starter, an entremet and a main Course. We Chose Spaghetti as an entremet but it was too large of a Portion, so we do not recommend that meal as that Course. Everything else was absolutely great and affordable.
Also, very friendly staff and restaurant owners.
Definitely recommended if you are looking to be away from all the touristic Restaurants.
Thank you.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed 29 January 2016

We had just driven 4 hours and was on the search for a meal before heading to our hotel booking nearby. We came across this ristorante by chance. It was full and the atmosphere "bubbly".

The waiters were fantastic, they didn't speak much english but with our italian we understood what was on offer. We just ordered pasta dishes. I went with the seafood, as the waiter was "selling" the quality of the local seafood.

Our dishes arrived, with our "frizzante" vino rosso, it was a picture. My seafood pasta was packed with shellfish, crustaceans and fish. It was superb. My wife's dish was delicious, a pasta with a pesto sauce.

The service was fantastic, even though the restaurant was full. Give it a try!!!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 27 July 2015 via mobile

We entered this restaurant asking for a table with two. We had no reservation but the black girl at the county did not even try to be polite and had clearly fun saying no to us. The reason for it, I did not really understand as the restaurant was clearly not full. A restaurant where even they have availability, I will not go back to.

Date of visit: July 2015
5  Thank KoenA_12
Reviewed 6 March 2015

Went to this restaurant after reading its good reviews, but honestly I was expecting more. I might give it a second chance.

Date of visit: February 2015
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Probably 3* is a little harsh as I enjoyed my food here but this area has so many excellent fish restuarants and I didn't feel this one stood out.

I was amazed how big the restaurant is and how many people were there on a Tuesday evening. There seemed to be a lot of parties there last night and so went up stairs - which was quite busy too.

The decor is traditional and felt welcoming. Although no one spoke godd English we managed to get by and the menu did arrive in a range of languages so that was good. Bread and water were provided quickly and I ordered a drfat beer to drink. Food order was taken quickly although waited for some time for antipasti to arrive.

Went for the cold cuts of meat which was a reasonable selection though no salami. It was presented simply on a plate and tasted fine.

For main courses I tried rombo (turbot) for the first time in Italy and it was cooked Greek style with olives and tomatoes and some sliced potatoes. The vegetables I ordered didn't arrive (and my Italian wasn't good enough to argue this when the bill arrived so had to pay for them). It tasted OK but nothing special and certainly don't to the level of other fish restaurants in the area.

So I left feeling that I had a reasonable meal but not a meal that I would agree that this is the number 1 restaurant in the area.

Date of visit: March 2014