“Waffle House GOOD!”
Review of Waffle House

Waffle House
Ranked #66 of 104 Restaurants in Waynesville
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Welcome to Waffle House! We always enjoy our visit to just about any Waffle House for good food and service.

We took seats at the counter and were immediately greeted by our server who was friendly and hospitable. She was wearing a mask as part of the covid era as well as the rest of the staff wearing masks. I ordered decaf and she needed to brew a pot, as soon as it was done she served my cup.

As always I ordered the All Star Breakfast which includes a waffle, sausage, hash browns and eggs. I ordered my eggs over medium and they were prepared just as I ordered. The waffle is always a highlight of a visit to Waffle House and this one did not disappoint. Food quality was good, my wife enjoyed her scrambled eggs, scrambled well.

We enjoyed watching the cooks prepare breakfast as the servers called out their orders. Always fun to enjoy the show. A waffle house grill cook is a special career and can lead to many opportunities in the culinary world. This was a good visit to this Waffle House.

A review of their most recent health inspection showed they scored a very good 94.5 rating. This shows that employees and management are doing a good job insuring proper food handling standards are being maintained and followed.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Haddon P
Write a reviewReviews (48)

Reviewed 6 January 2020

We were in Waynesville for a New Year's Eve event. Not many restaurants were open so we ventured to the Waffle House. We knew there would be potential for a bad meal; we were right. All tables were full with patrons. Although there were 3 cooks and a handful of servers working, it was a disorganized mess. They were yelling at each other about tables, orders, and who was making coffee. Our server was right in the thick of the argument. Our food was terrible. The bacon and hash browns were burned. Thank God the coffee was hot and fresh.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed 25 June 2019

Went here with daughter & granddaughter, took forever just to get our drink order in. The waitress brought me coffee and no creamer so I asked for it and she said she would bring it right away,never did, had to ask another waitress for creamer. We saw two of the cooks eating bacon as they were preparing meals which is a health code violation. Then our waitress came in from the back drinking and eating also. Was a lot of workers but no one seemed to want to wait on customers, several of the waitresses were singing and dancing around to the music being played rather than doing their job. Never Ever Would I Go Here Again! Forgot to mention our waffles were way over cooked and the batter overflow from the irons were piled way too high.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed 5 June 2019

Everytime I have been there for breakfast the food was good and the service was always good also. And something that is always important to me is that they always kept my coffee cou full.

Date of visit: May 2019
Reviewed 5 June 2019 via mobile

Sorry Waffle House, you have been a GOOD go to place, but last night fell way short. Burnt toast! (You can’t serve black toast, make more without being told!) old tasting raisin bread. Yuk! Then we got to witness a cook / waitress spat for dinner entertainment. And the cleanliness was lacking too! This WH needs an overhaul.

Date of visit: June 2019