“A touch of NY in Surf City”

New York Corner Deli
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in Surf City
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 13 May 2018

We went to NYCD for lunch and had a great meal. It is a very diverse menu of sandwiches and burgers. The staff was both personable and efficient. We ordered our meal and opted to eat outside. During our meal no less than 4 different members of the staff checked on us. The meals were all the way that we wanted and very tasty. It was a great experience that we will be sure to repeat next time we are in Surf City.

1  Thank markanderson2017
jason w, Owner at New York Corner Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

We love to hear this and this makes our day!!! We hope to see you on your next trip and stop by and try our breakfast burrito next!!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

We have been here several times in the past 2 weeks. 2 breakfast 2 lunch. Always have enjoyed. Bad experience today and bad food. Wanted1 egg with toast and home fried. Could not ordered that unless I ordered 2 eggs. I only wanted 1 so Jason told me I could throw 1 away but pay for it. Ok. It gets better. I also wanted water and was handed a larger cup by one of the girls. Jason took that cup away and gave me a small cup that was smashed and had lipstick on the rim. I waited for this Jadon person to walk away and the girl gave me a new cup and said she was sorry.. finally received my 1 egg fairly quickly my egg was to be over medium. But it was over very well similar to a hard boiled egg no dipping my toast. I really could have eaten it that way but it was very cold. I assumed mine was done and sat while they cooked my husbands. His meal was very good. Very disappointed as we are regular customers. But seriously no one should be treated this way. Shame on you Jason

jason w, Owner at New York Corner Deli, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

We are sorry that you had a bad experience but what you are writing just isn’t true. I tried to explain to you that it was cheaper to get the 2 egg platter with home fries and toast than buying it ala cart. I told you that your husband could eat your other egg which he was ordering a couple eggs, I would never tell someone to throw food away. All of our cups are foam and have never been used as they come out of a
Sleeve in a box. I am sorry that you feel you that yoI had a bad experience but it is not right to make up stuff up about a local business. I hope you give us another chance and hope you have a good day.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped by for lunch while staying on the island both for breakfast and lunch. We enjoyed both meals. Service was fast and the food was great.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

We love New York Corner Deli!! Every time we come to Topsail we get our breakfast from them. I’m originally from New York & their bacon,egg and cheese on a roll takes me right back there!! I love it and think I eat it every morning. While everyone one else switches off with bagels,pancakes,French toast I stay with my favorite and of course home fries! They have an awesome chicken parmigiana and the Richie Goldsand sandwiches!! The rice pudding is also good.. Make sure if your in town stop by and try them out.

1  Thank michellejaffa
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Family went for lunch. Customer service was excellent and the food was amazing. We like to come here every year.