“Outstanding food with unique choices, all well prepared.”
Review of Spudee's

Spudee's
Ranked #21 of 67 Restaurants in Surf City
Reviewed 25 January 2018

I like the poutine - never had it before but will definitely go often and try the other versions. The toasted hotdog is great and solves the problem I've experienced in other places - limp and soggy buns. The owners are super people and take pride in both their food and their relating to customers. I have nothing but good things to say about Spudee's and am glad they are here in Surf City.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

Add in the tasty cheddar curds to the gravy and fries and you have heaven in a bowl. Our very first visit will be the first of many. the hotdogs were terrific (wish the slaw was a tad sweeter) but the poutine was the star. Absolutely terrific. The owners were simply delightful to chat with on this slow Thursday lunch......insisting we try free samples of her new experimental ice cream flavors (Candy Cane and Chocolate Marshmallow) after our meal - they were dynamite homemade treats! I can see I'll be hitting Spudee's routinely now that we are Topsail residents, exploring the entire menu one meal at a time. Give poutine and Spudee's a try - you'll know when you go!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

I had to stop and try the poutine, which I had never tried. I had to google it to find out what it was. It’s fries, cheese curd, and brown gravy (they have other gravies, but I wanted the original - like they make in Canada). Poutine originated there.
It was delicious. Definitely a guilty pleasure. The woman working was super-friendly. The service was fast. I saved mine and ate it when I got to work in Raleigh. Delish!!!

Reviewed 23 September 2017

stop in for lunch wife is a chili dog lover and they are really good. The house Poutine is great/ Hand cut fries and a light brown gray that is awesome. The owners talked with us like we were family. stop in and see them you will have a great time and good eats

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

We picked up a medium order of "POUTINE" which are Fried Potatoes w/ Melted Curd Cheese & Brown Gravy. We thought they were very tasty & enjoyed them. They have a very limited menu consisting of several choices of Hot Dogs & Burgers. There is only outdoor seating so we took our order over to Soundside Park, where we not only enjoyed our "Poutine", but also the great views. Our Medium size order was plenty large for the two of us for an afternoon snack & we even had some left over to take home.