“Fantastic Week at a Fantastic House”
View from the beach access Hot Tub
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
4240 Island Dr
View from the beach access
Hot Tub
Ground Floor
Generic Hot Tub Pic (not your HT). Heating Info
Smarthome
Ocean Ridge from the air
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 4 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
travelyea...
“Fantastic Week at a Fantastic House”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 for a stay in July 2014

We had a great week at this beautiful house. Our group included travelers aged 6 to late 70s and every one of us loved this house and this location. The house itself was clean and beautifully decorated and nicely designed to comfortably hold our crowd. It really was as pretty as the pictures on the website. We felt like there was room for all of us to be together in the common area without feeling crowded and plenty of space in the house to get away from each other as well.

The kitchen is big and well stocked. I don't think the oven heated as well as mine at home, but that's pretty minor. There's plenty of workspace and the seating in the kitchen and dining room is great for a crowd. The refrigerator is huge. The two sinks were very handy for cooking for a crowd.

The beds were comfortable and we were all tired enough after our busy days on the beach and running around that we slept well. We rented linens and it did take a little while for them to show up, but they were there in plenty of time for us to get beds made before dinner time. We also rented towels, which showed up at the same time. Both were rented through the realty company.

We were only steps from the beach, which was never crowded. The public access is a little way down, so most of the people on the beach were from the other nearby houses. There's plenty of room to put up an umbrella or tent for shade, even at high tide.

The location of the house is great. This area of the island is quiet, with no businesses in walking distance. But it's a short drive if you want to find someplace to shop or eat. Just don't expect a lot of night life or a Myrtle Beach type of atmosphere. It's very family oriented. If you have kids, you might want to look up EMA, Ecological Marine Adventures, a hands-on beach science group down the road in Surf City. We took the two kids in our group on a night time ghost crab adventure and it was a highlight of our trip. I wish we'd signed up for more of the classes this awesome lady offers. We learned so much about the beach creatures and went hunting for ghost crabs (and found them) every night on the beach for the rest of the vacation.

We rented this house through Treasure Realty and they were awesome to work with. They helped me find just the right property and answered all of my questions. Check in was a breeze. I was worried when we pulled into the parking lot on Saturday and saw a long line of vacationers waiting to get their keys, but the line moved really quickly and the folks working were very friendly and efficient. They were quick to help when I had a minor problem (of my own making!) at the beginning of the trip.

I live locally and was planning this vacation for family who were traveling from Michigan, Georgia, and Missouri, and I wanted very much for them to feel like they had spent their money wisely on this vacation. Every single person agreed that this was a great place to stay and they'd love to come back to this home.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The whole experience was seamless, perfect.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
long island ny
Reviewed 22 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Hollidaysburg pa
Reviewed 2 August 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Columbus
Reviewed 26 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Recommended for:
People with disabilities Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Talk to the Manager
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing