“Diamond in the rough!!”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of La Casa Del Amour

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Gmf392
Orlando, Florida
“Has great potential but needs to work on the details”
Reviewed 10 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The location is very convenient to gorge state park as well as restaurants and grocery store in Cashiers. However, the first thing we saw when we opened the front door was a dusty tv table. The counters in the kitchen also had rice and other crumbs left on them. There were no towels in sight in the master bath so after searching I found some damp towels and sheets in the dryer. So, after a 10 hr drive to get there I started my vacation by doing laundry. To top it off there was a note to leave a tip for the cleaning crew although the rental agreement requires starting a load of wash and running the dish washer before departing which I did. Hmm, leave a tip and do part of their job? The only tip I could give the cleaning crew is to do a better job. The owner seems like a real likable guy and eager to please. I am providing this feedback because if I were in his shoes i would want to know how to improve. A little more attention to details and this would be a sweet little place to stay.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
18 Sep 2017
Dear Gmf392, I depended on my cleaning crew to do a good job and unfortunately was left disappointed. I am working diligently to remedy this situation. Thank you for your understanding and pertinent review. If you ever are in these parts again please accept my 20% discount. Buddy Mix
C B
“Diamond in the rough!!”
Reviewed 23 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017

From the busy street outside and the overgrown Spring time foliage that blankets the side of the mountain I began to wonder if I was in the right place. However, as soon as you open the door you can feel the warmth and comfort as if you were a thousand miles away. The home truly lives up to its name. The craftsmanship of the entire place is extraordinary. I rented this place to take my parents as a get away and they truly loved it. We spent every morning and every evening on the upper level porch just relaxing.
The only few negatives were the busy street out front that would interfere with the sounds of the natural springs and the under construction area outside. The construction outside was not that big of a deal since you could tell more work was being added to make the place better. The noise was bothersome but as soon as you went inside you couldn't hear anything. My families wants to return to the house in the fall or winter just to be able to enjoy the beauty of the natural spring and area.
There is a lot to do around the area we visited 5 waterfalls, shopping in Cashier, and Trout Fishing near Brevard. If you stay here be sure to read the history behind the house and the love that went in to making it so special.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
18 Sep 2017
Thank you for your kind review. Please accept a 10% discount on your next visit. Just mention this offer to receive the discount.

Much love,
Buddy Mix
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;