“Very Nice Vacation House”

Review of Ocean's 11

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
JoeNC_LRC
Greenville, North Carolina
“Very Nice Vacation House”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014

Our extended family stayed here during the week Aug 2-8, 2014: We experienced maintenance issues for 3 days: The outside lights and power sockets didn't work, and an electrician spent better than half a day there working on them. Then roofers showed up to do some kind of repair, unannounced. There was a huge puddle in the street for most of the week, because that portion of the block is very low...this puddle was at least 150 feet long and went across the entire street, and it was ankle deep. That may be a consideration for future renters who don't want to wade in standing flood water. I'll also say it had not rained for a week prior to our family's arrival--and the empty lot across the street was flooded, too.

Otherwise, the house is very nice with all the features just as advertised in the rental listing. I noted in a previous review comments about the dull knives, and I experienced the same thing as I was cooking. I tried to find a sharpener, but no luck.

The pool is a saltwater pool, and it was really great. The outside shower was missing its shower head, but still functional. Be certain to place the garbage containers really close to the street, otherwise the truck driver will pass you by...we were stuck with the prior renter's garbage along with our own when we learned this lesson.

The tiki bar is cool. The hot tub is great. The balconies are wonderful for a breeze, but don't count on the view--lots of rooftops all around...just know the ocean is out there beyond them.

It is about a 3/4 mile walk to the beach. There are small paths between the houses which serve as access. There is no place to park a car near the beach access, so we ferried people to and from the access and to the house, just to save on walking through the standing water.

The beds are comfortable-I think they are gel-pads or temper-pedic memory foam, or something similar.

Overall the house itself is good. Since I didn't pay for it, I cannot comment on the value.

One more thing: Salvo is still suffering from the damage of Hurricane Arthur of July 2014, and there aren't many things to do nearby, unless you want to drive for 10-15 miles or more. I think that is something worth considering.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Saltwater pool
Liked least: Distance from the ocean
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
cpthomson
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Very acceptable”
Reviewed 1 January 2013 for a stay in May 2011
person found this review helpful

We traveled with our 1 yr old as well as another couple and their 3 yr old plus another friend. I found the house to be well equipped and laid out well. I really loved the kitchen and how open it was to main room. There is a bike rental shop in front of the house. (It's you're view from the kitchen) our friend rented a bike and before long I added a trailer to it so I could ride the kids around. That became our morning ritual. It couldn't of been more perfect going in the month of May; very little traffic and the beaches were empty. We did look at the house again for this yr but had more people then the rooms could hold.
It's a small haul to the beach, not bad but if you're carrying a 1 yr old anything can feel like it's taking a good deal of time to get somewhere. It's a hike over the dunes but only a few blocks to beach. Over all it's in a good location the views are average but the price is very affordable and priced as such.
The only criticism i have would be better knives! I can't understand why all the knives in these homes seem to be dull. Maybe change some of the comforters to be less "hotel like" but it's only a cosmetic thing. Over all, I would stay there again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: open concept on the 3rd floor
Liked least: the kitchenware was shotty at times
Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing