All reviews indoor pool quiet area minute walk relaxation loungers sauna internet english alps garmisch zugspitze
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

In short,
negative:
- sometimes unfriendly staff
- the apartments are a walkway from the actual hotel
- no real or actual shower in the bathroom, just a tub
- no dinner served and no restaurant in walking distance
- pretty pricey for the service (you can probably get a better price or better service somewhere else)

positive:
- nearby many attractions like the Top of Germany
- breakfast is good
- clean
- the indoor pool and relax room are nice

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Spatz66, Inhaber at Hotel Laengenfelder Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear Fanninski, we are sorry that you didn`t like our house and our service. We are always very effort to prepare our guests a nice stay. But we do not manage this with all guests....
Sure it would be very helpful for all sides, if you read exactly before your next vacation, what you book, then you do not have to complain afterwards about what you have not read. With us every apartment as well as all room categories with pictures is deposited and described. If you book an apartment with a bathtube, there is of course no shower there! Also everywhere is written down, that the apartments are not directly in the hotel. Furthermore, we are a hotel "garni", so only with breakfast. Why do you expect than a restaurant there? 3 restaurants are within walking distance within 10 minutes. If that's too far, you need realy a car. We wish you all the best for your future. Mecki Zürker with the entire Längenfelder Hof Team

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We stayed for one night here during a trip of about a week to this area of Germany and Austria. We were really pleased with the place. The views are stunning and it is well located for the major attractions of the area. It is a very quick drive to Konigsee and still a pretty short drive to the Eagle's Nest parking lot. There are a few dinner options within short walking distance. The room itself was very comfortable and clean. The staff was very kind and helpful. The included breakfast in the morning was quite good as well. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are in the area.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

I was put to change my booking from 1 bedroom apartment to an apartment with a living room because my 2 years old "just doesn't have space", although the bedroom contained the same bed...and I told them that my little one sleeps with us.
I refused, they charged me the entire amount for the reservation, although the booking was made with "book now, pay at the hotel". I was charged immediately after our conversation and it was not the arrival day at least. Seeing that I refuse to sleep on a sofa bed (this was their proposal in the end), they offered to put a baby cot in the other room I had booked (although they did not propose that from the beginning which would have been much easier for everyone involved) and charged me 10 euro/night for the baby cot. I told them that I don't need a baby cot, they insisted that it's standard...they could have said: even if we take it, we will still charge you and I would still have agreed. I felt hostile the entire stay and if I weren't to loose 600 euros, I wouldn't have gone there.
Staff didn't speak ANY English although they say they do.
Breakfast was poor, you were put to choose one hot drink (tea or coffee) which was served directly in a cup.
In the kitchen from the apartment it was a "welcome note": you will be charged between 50 euro and 100 euro if you don't let the kitchen as clean as you found it or if you don't take your trash out. There weren't any cleaning products so we went in a supermarket and bought some.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Spatz66, Inhaber at Hotel Laengenfelder Hof, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

Dear Mr. Huda, we are a hotel and not a youth hostel. I'm sorry for you, but it would make sense if you read the restrictions and Booking.com conditions correctly before you book. Certainly, it would also be helpful to respond to Booking.com if you are contacted and this does not simply pass. You have booked a non-refundble rate, you have booked an apartment for a maximum of 2 persons and are despite the advice of Booking.com with three people for the apartment. The apartment for three people, which we had offered you at check-in, was too expensive for you ... And besides, we speak English, if our team is met accordingly! I wish you and your family all the best M. Zürker

Reviewed 13 March 2017

We had a perfect holiday at the Hotel with our daughter. The double room with extra bed was big enough for the 3 of us and had all the amenities we needed in it. On top the location had an indoor swimming pool and comfortable loungers as well as a nice wellness/ sauna area. The owners and staff were extremely friendly and gave us some very good advice for alternative day trips as the snow conditions were not good anymore. We will return for short trips as it is a wonderful and very welcoming place close by. Thank you for everything

Room tip: Room number 13 was a very big double room where we had sufficient space to enjoy even if you spent time indoors due to bad weather.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 March 2017

We are staying in Laengenfelder Hof Hotel.
This short, one-week stay let us forget the big cities and corporations. Many thanks for your time of relaxation and rest. Last year we spent holidays at the same time in one of the renowned hotels in Garmisch. All I can definitely recommend Laengenfelder Hof. This hotel is located in a peaceful and quiet place at the end of streets. It is not big, but the owners and staff have created a wonderful atmosphere for relaxation. The hotel has excellent spa facilities with a swimming pool, sauna, gym and relaxation room. We will long remember the view from the hotel's swimming pool to the mountains. The service is very helpful and kind. Special thanks to Karin and the rest of the team. Daily morning we started the day with a delicious breakfast. A nice addition is the in-room coffee and tea and cookies in the afternoon. The area is very calm and for active holidays. Within walking distance are several restaurants with local cuisine.

I will certainly return to you next year. See you in January 2018.

Room tip: the best is room with mountain view
Date of stay: February 2017