All reviews front desk concert at walnut creek north hills shopping center convenient location room was clean would stay here again the ground floor road noise early check lobby area very nice stay breakfast buffet air conditioner king suite easy access bistro linens
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Recently, my elderly, handicapped parents stayed at this Marriott to escape Hurricane Florence. Rhoda, the manager, and her staff took amazing care of them under stressful conditions. They took the extra time to deliver ice to their room in case power went out and even delivered chili (on the hotel) to their room knowing it was difficult for them to get out with the impending storm. I’m grateful for their great service. The homemade chicken pot pie served at their cafe is also a must! Thanks Rhoda!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank liz6869
Reviewed 7 September 2018

This woman had to be the nicest person I’ve met in a long time. She was very professional, pleasant, and courteous.....I was there for an interview in the hotel lobby with a medical company, and she was even nice enough to help me relax and not be jittery.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I travel quite often for work, and it's the little things that make the biggest difference. The staff at this Courtyard understand the importance of the little things. I left a suitcase at the courtyard over the weekend, since I would be back the following week. My flight was supposed to land by 7pm, but due to a series of delays the arrival time was changed to 2am in the morning. I called the hotel to let them know I was still coming. Leo answered the phone and told me not to worry that everything was good to go, and that they had a room waiting for me. I got to the hotel at almost 3am and Trevor at the front desk checked me in. I told him that I needed to get my bag that I left over the weekend. He let me know that it was already in the room for me. I couldn't have asked for better service. The team at this Marriott just goes above and beyond. From Mildred and Alex at the bistro that greeted me every morning by name when I order breakfast, to Leo and Trevor that helped me at the front desk. This is the friendliest staff I've had the pleasure of interacting with in my travels.

Room Tip: I believe most of the rooms facing the courtyard have a balcony. It looks to be the even numbered rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2018

I was here on a 2 week business trip.

The deco and presentation of the hotel is very nice - not surprising considering they've just had a refurb. Everything is clean and neat. So cant fault that.

The room was very nice with a decent bathroom, good amount of space, decent flatscreen TV and bed was very comfy.

Facilities in the hotel were decent - very small pool (was ok for a dip I guess), a good gym, washing machines onsite. They have a bar/ restaurant onsite which was ok. However whilst I understand that the restaurant can't remain open all night, I was disappointed that the bar shut at 22:00.

My biggest disappointment was the breakfast. I expected a buffer style however was surprised to find that we had to queue up and order it at the bar/counter. This was less than ideal if you are in a rush in the morning. Also there wasn't a great option for breakfast - it was very limited.

Would i stay here again? Whilst the hotel presentation was decent I'm not sure if I would stay here again, the breakfast was a real negative.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Leshel K, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Raleigh Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Our housekeeping staff will be very happy to hear your feedback on the cleanliness of your room. They work very hard to ensure a clean and comfortable environment for our guests. I was disappointed to hear you weren't pleased with the offerings through the Bistro. With the upgrades to our menu in March we have received many compliments on the extended offerings as well as the modern twist to favorites such as the Breakfast Burrito and Farm Stand Breakfast Bowl. While we hope to please all guests with the menu, we realize that it isn't always right for everyone. We love to work with our guests to see how we can best meet their needs and we hope to have the opportunity to see you on your future travels to Raleigh.

All the best,

Leshel K

Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I’ve done conferences and workshops across the country including many of the top ones associated with “legendary customer service.” The service provided at this Marriott exceeded every one of them and by a significant margin. From the Event Specialist (Jeremy) to the maintenance staff to the restaurant, etc. there was a consistent message to us - “You are the most important priority for us and we will make sure that your event is successful and your stay a great experience. I have never been to any hotel that was so positive and so consistent frim the manager to the cleaning staff. Amazing!!!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business