All reviews nc state campus normal marriott hotel downtown onsite restaurant great facility beautiful hotel wedding party marriott property business meeting stayed here for one night other hotels night stay place to stay nice room two nights enjoyed my stay next morning
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had heard good things about the StateView and decided to stay a long weekend while checking out the sights of Raleigh. The StateView is part of the Marriott group of Autograph hotels. It's hard to separate each of Mariott's brands but the Autograph group tends to comprised of upscale hotels which, while not to the standards of the St Regis or Ritz Carlton properties, still offer the guest some good "luxury" amenities. The StateView is fairly new, and therefore modern in architecture with clean lines and light and airy spaces. My room was small (my choice since I was a solo traveler) but provided every necessity in a very nice space. My views were over trees (the hotel is in the middle of the North Carolina State University Campus) and the surroundings therefore very quiet. Use your GPS because finding it the first time isn't very easy. A big plus if you're there during the warm season is the hotel's pool. Unlike what you might expect to find in a hotel with an urban setting, this pool feels like one that you would find in a country resort. The dining options are a plus and service welcoming and helptul. I have stayed in Raleigh on numerous occasions, and would rank the StateView amongst the Top 5 hotels (and as a plus, it was more reasonably priced the weekend I stayed than competitors in its group).

Room Tip: All the rooms are quiet and I imagine of equal quality, so you can't go wrong with any room you get.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
KarrisD2, Director of Sales at The StateView Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Evenly Opinionated,

Thank you for staying with us here at The StateView and your very nice review of the Hotel. We feel honored to be part of Marriott's Autograph Collection and work to make our guest experience exactly like nothing else. We hope to see you back here soon!

Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I enjoyed a weekend stay Friday until Sunday night. It was comfortable and quiet, but nothing set it apart from other hotels. The walls are very thin so you can hear people in the hallway and next to you. The thermostat only goes down to 68 degrees F. This location is popular for group conferences, weddings, and frat/sorority events so it’s very busy. Also don’t expect to check in until 4pm.The Autograoh collection hotels are like normal Marriott hotels but with modern lobby furniture and a bigger TV in each room. Price tag isn’t worth it.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kbconover1

Dear kbconover1,

Thank you for staying with us here at The StateView recently. Our goal is that every customer is comfortable and we aim to have all guests enjoy our one of a kind setting here in Raleigh! Let me know if you come back to Raleigh --- I would love to make your stay extra special.

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

Great experience with Erin dealing with getting multiple rooms all set for a wedding party. A perfect companion to the nearby Park Alumni Center as the reception venue. The staff was gracious, helpful, and very attentive to my many requests. Again, Erin was fantastic!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear Michael E,

Thank you for your nice review of the Hotel, and comments on Erin, our front desk supervisor. She is a great asset to the Hotel. We love hosting Wedding Room Blocks from the Park Alumni Center and making family friends feel special. You can't beat the convenience! Thanks for sending in the review!

Reviewed 19 September 2018

was very impressed at the cleanliness, the bathroom, the comfort of the bed. Hotel and room was modern and felt brand new. The staff at the desk was very pleasant. The parking was a bit far from the entrance but nicely landscaped.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KarrisD2, Director of Sales at The StateView Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear Lynnnccollp78,

Thank you very much for your nice comments regarding The StateView. Our goal is every guest is satisfied, and we are so happy you had a great experience with our front desk team! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

I decided to give this property a shot when I visited Raleigh recently for 1 night. It’s a brand new property so you expect to have a nice room and no issues. I was not dissapointed. My experience was great from check in- the front desk staff was very courteous and my room was very quiet, clean and updated. The hotel offers free parking and there is a restaurant in the premise- although I didn’t get to eat there. Overall, it’s a nice property and I would book there again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
KarrisD2, Director of Sales at The StateView Hotel, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Dear JayMoli,

Thank you for staying with us here at The StateView. We are so glad you found our Hotel comfortable, we look forward to welcoming you back! Karris Deis, Director of Sales and Marketing.