“Great Family Lunch”

Sugar Creek Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #29 of 92 Restaurants in Nags Head
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Soundfront
Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I wasn't expecting much as we stopped here due to it's convenience and our desire for seafood on our way back to the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by this place. Based on the food, service, and the experience, I would expect this place to be rated 4 1/2 stars, so I gave it a 5 to bump it up.

I ordered the platter with catfish. The scallops were prepared perfectly with that smooth buttery texture. Also, the cucumber salad was good, and had an interesting house sauce that really made it work. The service was also awesome, with the drinks always filled, and it was quite family friendly for our 9, 6, and 1 year old daughters.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,238)

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had broiled seafood combos.
Food was fresh and hot. Service was friendly and fast. We will definitely be back for more

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

We had dinner here sat night - shrimp and grits were great with a side of green beans and corn bread on every table! The only issue was the side salad was chewy so they took it off the bill! The crab bisque was delicious!

Reviewed 28 April 2018

Our favorite OBX lunch stop when we're out there is Sugar Creek Seafood and almost every time it's for the Popcorn Shrimp Special on Friday. No one else in our experience serves popcorn shrimp this large and so lightly battered. When you add the french fries, cole slaw and corn bread, you have to be hungry or have the option to take some of it home! Truly Outstanding!

Reviewed 22 April 2018

Had lunch with family. Good location, lots of parking and good food. Service was good. Fries were very good.