All reviews andy griffith show aunt bea squad car large gazebo truck parked nice little place for sale family owned refrigerator and microwave room door great place to stay continental breakfast rooms are clean snappy lunch nice pool visiting mt well taken care
Reviewed 24 July 2018

My daughter and I LOVED our stay here. It was quiet, quaint and just a pure pleasure. We couldn't hear any noise from other rooms or outside. Aunt Bee's room had a wonderful collection of her belongings. The property was nicely kept and I enjoyed reading in the gazebo. The pool is a decent size and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. We be returning for our next trip to Mount Airy.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Alma V, Owner at Mayberry Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Thank you so much! I’m so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We’re looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights on our way to Myrtle Beach. We wanted something close to the feeling of Mayberry while we explored Mt. Airy. This inn is perfect. It is clean and well maintained but also feels like a classic motor inn of the Mayberry era. The pool was lovely and the grounds are meticulously groomed. The owner/ operators are on site and very friendly. Call early for reservations!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for the kind words! I hope you’ll come and see us again before long!

Reviewed 22 June 2018

We had the best time at this Motor Inn. It is all you need in a room and the history that you see while there is great. The motel is well taken care of and the people at the desk are amazing and very friendly! Our room was very clean and just perfect. My brother in law and sister in laws room was as well. The only thing my husband wished he had was a coffee pot in our room.

Room tip: I think any of the rooms would be great.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the inn! We really appreciate you taking the time for such a nice review. I hope to see you all again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

While looking for a place to stay on line, when we visited Mt. Airy, I came across the Mayberry Motor Inn. I immediately knew that is where I wanted to stay, and I was not disappointed! The outside is so well maintained, that you want to sit outside and enjoy the view. The rooms are very clean, and so comfortable! We enjoyed talking to the wonderful folks who work there, and the coffee in the lobby is so good! It’s close to the Mayberry downtown shops and restaurants, and you look forward to coming back to rest after a long day of sightseeing! We will definitely stay here on our next visit, and plan on bringing a group from our car club with us! Our 55 Chevy will fit right in with the other cars displayed on the property!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you so much for the nice review! It’s folks like you who keep us going. We’re looking forward to seeing you all again soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

This is our second time staying here. We came back because everyone is friendly, it is clean, and in a nice setting. We stayed in a smaller room this time and even changed our reservations a week before our arrival, but would stay again. We had a few small issues, the phone in room didn’t work, and two outlets didn’t work, but not big enough issues to change our minds about staying here again. Nice place and would be good for families since it has plenty of outdoor space, a gazebo to relax in, and a small well kept pool.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank lorad905

Thank you so much for the kind review! I’m sorry to hear about the issues you had with your room. That one had actually had some remodeling done not long before you stayed, and there were just a couple of wires the carpenter had failed to reconnect. But, the issue has since been resolved. We’ll do everything we can to make your next stay a 5 star experience!