“Great for kids”

All-A-Flutter Butterfly Farm
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I went today on "Family Day" (open to the public for first 150 people) with my 16 mo old. It was great only having to pay for my ticket ($7) and hers was free. For those with young ones like mine, it may be a little difficult to keep them settled during the initial information session (around 20ish minutes), but keeping snacks handy is always good bribery. The parking is located very close to all of the action, so feel free to keep a cooler/diaper bag in your car that you can return to get and only worry about having the essentials on you. I kept my 16 mo old in a carrier and wore her on me during the butterfly exhibit portion, which worked out well in preventing any clumsy falls onto unsuspecting butterflies! The rest of the time they have a great open field area that includes a rock-climbing wall, tunnels and slides, picnic tables, and even a misting area for hot summer days. They also had buckets of frisbees, balls, and jump rope, and you could pay to feed their goats too. It's definitely worth the $7 investment! I think I may wait to bring my daughter back when she's a bit older (3 or above) as at that point she should be old enough to manage holding the butterfly sticks (and walking around more carefully) on her own.

Date of experience: July 2017
"tunnel"
"school"
"playground"

Reviewed 11 July 2017

We took our grandkids to check out the butterflies - and really enjoyed our time. The tour guide was friendly and full of information - but the best part was just having the butterflies land on our arms and hands!

Date of experience: August 2016
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We purchased 4 butterfly plants. We have enjoyed growing the plants and watching the butterflys develop. Absolutely beautiful. Really simple to care for.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Great place to learn all about butterflies. Children and adults will enjoy. Staff very knowledgeable and friendly. Ample parking.

Date of experience: August 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 April 2017

We took my son and his family (4 grandkids) to the farm for a visit and had a wonderful time. The staff was extra friendly and nice and the butterflies were awesome. It was a truly educational experience as well and good for the kids and adults alike. We also played in the play area and threw the frisbee around a while. We had a nice picnic at a nice covered picnic area. The farm is clean, nice and well organized. Highly recommend you try this.

Date of experience: April 2017