“Amazing, Peaceful, Inspiring”
other travellers have booked this property
Bunkbeds in master bedroom.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Bunkbeds in master bedroom.
A full kitchen including full size refridgerator, dishwasher, stove, oven and microwave
A spacious bathroom with a tall shower.
Your basic essentials included.
Cozy dining nook
Washer & Dryer in the apartment. Detergent, too.
Take at least one night to enjoy a some s'mores or a meal on the wood burning grill.
Take at least one evening to enjoy a some s'mores or a meal on the wood burning grill under the star
Follow the sign on the mailbox up the road. Your vacation awaits you.
Forage for wild edibles. This one is a morel mushroom.
Raft class 3 &4 rapids down the Nolichucky River with one of the local outfitters like USA RAFT.
Our dogs do a great job of securing the property. They may bark and follow you up upon arrival. :)
The apartment rental is on the first floor of a two story working farmhouse.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Caroline...
“Amazing, Peaceful, Inspiring”
Reviewed 27 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015
person found this review helpful

I have been visiting Poplar Creek Farm and Homestead for the better part of the past two summers, and it is like a second home to me. I met Michelle, who knew of my interest in organic farming (WWOOFing), and she invited me to visit the farm. I fell in love with the beautiful spirit of that property. Although it isn't too far from nearby cities, it feels remote and private. There is so much beauty to behold at Poplar Creek, in the creek, garden, and woods. I would recommend this homestead anytime, for it is perfect for any nature lover, peace seeker, garden enthusiast, someone interested in organic farming, or just anyone seeking a tranquil oasis. Michelle, Lauren, and their entire family are the most welcoming and hospitable people I have ever met. They welcome you into your home, and share with you their knowledge for farming and better yet, their loving selves. This is definitely a great stay that anyone would enjoy!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The garden.
Travelling group: Solo
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Trang B
Columbia, South Carolina
“My favorite farm for four seasons!”
Reviewed 21 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

I love this farm and the host so much that I visited there two time in the summer and really want to go back soon. The farm is special, far away from the urban life. I always feel so peaceful and relax whenever I visit there. I love spending there with my friends, listening to the creek, burning my marshmallow and chatting all night long right beside the forest. The wooden house is so lovely and the view from the king room through the huge window is my favorite thing. And Michelle always serve me and my friends newly picked vegetable from her garden. They are totally organic and so delicious that I cannot find the same thing in any supermarket here. It is worth more than what I paid!

Travelling group: Friends
Brett T
Daytona Beach, Florida
“Incredible people on an incredible property”
Reviewed 17 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

My girlfriend and I stayed here for three weeks during July, and I've got nothing but compliments and good words to share about the experience!

There's a river nearby, loaded with places to drop your stuff and relax alongside the current of the water. Natural beauty sprawls around the river in all directions, providing much to look at, whether with binoculars or simply by eye! The water is beautiful and chilled, making its way tranquilly down the mountain.
Not far away is an entrance to the Appalachian trail! At the same location, there is a road that brings you to the top of one of the mountains- they call it "The Beauty Spot". The name fits perfectly. To see photos of such a place is one thing, but to physically be in the presence of such sheer beauty and greatness is literally breath-taking. The mountain ranges recede into the distance, standing massively side-by-side until they fade away into the blue sky behind them.

We also admired the dogs who live on the property! They may bark and be on edge at first, but once they get used to you, and you to them, they're among the most sweetest dogs I've encountered. Daisy and Toby were my favorite!

The hosts... What was greatest about our stay there, was that the hosts are a family- and through text I cannot express the sincerity of that enough! Every herb, produce, chicken, bee, flower, etc., was raised or grown with loving intention. Stress is absent in such a place and with such a family.
My girlfriend and I felt as if we too were considered family. It was tough leaving in the end, and I've already begun plotting when I'll be visiting again!

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The abundance of natural beauty in every direction
Liked least: That I had to leave
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Awesome_M...
Highland Park, New Jersey
“Beautiful and remote farm in the mountains”
Reviewed 10 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

The beds were super comfortable. The hostess was very nice. We had a tour of the farm. The creek is feet from the house and a lovely bubbling sound was audible as I fell asleep. There's a nice little hike right outside the front door and an entry to the Applachian trail is only a 15 minutes drive. The apartment feels rustic because the floors are bare concrete.

Travelling group: Other
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing