“Terrible”

Get food delivered
Ranked #39 of 231 Restaurants in Gastonia
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 March 2021

I placed a mobile order and the hostess was nice. I get my food and pay and it’s pricey but I came to red lobster so I knew it would be. I get my food and they do not even have my sides my bag. Good thing I hadn’t left the parking lot yet. I went back inside I get my small container of mash potatoes. I ignore that but I get my salad and it’s just maybe 10 lettuce leafs. I go back inside and say something and all they did was move everything to side. I just said forget it and left.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank hrob333
Write a reviewReviews (68)

Reviewed 19 September 2020 via mobile

I had a slight problem with my order. The manager Toni showed empathy and addressed my concerns personally. Thats what you call gold standard hands on service. Its hard to find a manager to go above and beyond to help a customer! Great job Toni

Date of visit: September 2020
Reviewed 23 June 2020

This was our third time at this Red Lobster since they were allowed to reopen. There are so many issues that I don't even know where to start. First they don't take call ahead, second, if you get there and they say they are at capacity the door is locked and you ring the bell. They wont let you in until someone leaves even to put your name on the list. So you have to stand out in the hot sun with others in a line to even get your name on the list. Last night we chose Red Lobster because it didn't seem to be crowded. My drink (Coke) was flat, so I told the waitress that I would stick with water. She said she didn't know why because it came out of a fresh 2 liter bottle! That's why it tasted the way it did. Usually they have the best soft drinks but to have a 2 liter is tacky. My husbands fish was so greasy that the waitress even told us she patted it down with a paper towel before she brought it. (Gross and unsanitary) They have only had Caesar salad for all 3 times we have been since they reopened and no ranch dressing. Maybe they shouldn't have reopened. They seem to be out of everything! The manager did visit the table and adjusted the bill for us, but really we would have rather had a good experience not a stressful one! Matter of fact it was so stressful we may never go back! Total fail! Oh, but the biscuits were still good!

Date of visit: June 2020
Reviewed 12 May 2020

Years ago Red Lobster was a special restaurant chain,but that has changed. The food is not bad and the service is good, but nothing special.

Date of visit: October 2019
ClawdeL, Marketing at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2020

We're sorry you were unsatisfied with your meal at our restaurant and we'd like to learn how we can make this better. Would you please fill out our online form letting us know more about your experience and reference TM051920E in the comments section? Each comment receives individual attention so we can personally try to correct a poor experience: ms.spr.ly/ReviewSiteContactUsForm. Thank you!

Reviewed 9 March 2020 via mobile

We waited for 20 mins and almost left but Godmother from Toledo wanted Red Lobster. So we decided to stay. Calvin tried very hard to be a good food server. Food was ready at different times. Drinks took forever. Other tables sat, ate and left before we did. We won’t be back and will let people know what a poor tone we had. You would think for a bill that was $237.00 service would have been decent

Date of visit: March 2020
ClawdeL, Marketing at Red Lobster, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2020

We're sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your experience at our Gastonia restaurant and we'd like to learn how we can make this better. Would you be able to give us a call at 800-562-7837; Monday–Friday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM ET so that we may learn more about your experience?