“A Great Value and Destination for Families”

Review of Turtle Reef

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
kbeesmom2...
Harpers Ferry, WV
“A Great Value and Destination for Families”
Reviewed 24 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

We just returned from our second stay at the Turtle Reef in beautiful Emerald Isle, North Carolina. If you are planning a beach vacation and looking for excellent value as well as a destination with something for everyone, I highly recommend the Turtle Reef!

While this is a 2nd row home, it is very close to the beach and directly across from beach access. You can hear the waves and easily see the ocean when sitting outside on the 2nd and 3rd floor decks. Both children and adults will enjoy the pool (that actually has a deep end) . The pool is also surounded by a fence,which is awesome if you have small children. I loved the fact that there were two outdoor showers, making things much easier when you have a large group returning from the beach at one time. I also loved that while you are a short walk/bike ride away from grocery stores, water slides and other activities, you definitely feel like you have privacy when you're hanging around the beach house. It really is the best of both worlds!

I feel compelled to comment on the maintenance issues mentioned by a previous reviewer. At the time of our stay, we did not see any roaches, we did not experience any issues with the outside lights and found the kitchen area/appliances to be more than adequate. We do agree that the pull out couch matress needs to be replaced and the doors leading out to the 2nd floor decks were difficult to open.

With that being said, since our previous stay in 2009 we noticed numerous updates/upgrades to the home, to include the new tennis table in the garage and a new couch/love seat in the living room. If your expectation is a reasonably priced beach house that is clean, comfortably decorated and also offers short walks to the ocean, a private pool and short drives to other activities, this is may be the place for you. Our family had an amazing time and really enjoyed their stay!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy, affordability and proximity to the ocean
Liked least: The mattress on the pull out couch downstairs really does need to be replaced
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
23 Aug 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at Turtle Reef. I'm so happy to know that you and your family enjoyed your vacation at this home and found the improvments which the owner has made to be desirable. I will certainly pass your kind words and feedback on to him. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next Emerald Isle vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
MD
Reviewed 2 August 2012 for a stay in July 2012

2 Aug 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at Turtle Reef and for letting us know of these maintenance issues at the property. I have reported these items to our maintenance department so they can be remedied. Please let us know of such things during your stay and we'll happily work to take care of them for you. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next vacation and we'll happily assist you in reserving a vacation home - 1-888-832-0140.
Waldorf md
Reviewed 29 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

29 Jun 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at Turtle Reef. It pleases me to know that you and your family enjoyed your time at this home. I agree, the location of Turtle Reef offers convenience to everything: the beach, attractions, shops, and restaurants. I hope you'll revisit soon. Please call us when you're ready to make reservations for your next stay - 1-888-832-0140.
PA
Reviewed 8 June 2012 for a stay in June 2012

8 Jun 2012
Thank you for your review of your stay at Turtle Reef and for your kind remarks of Emerald Isle Realty and the owner of this home. It pleases me to know that you did enjoy your stay despite the setback you experienced. I hope you will revisit Emerald Isle and Turtle Reef soon. Please call us when you begin making plans for your next vacation - 1-888-832-0140.
WV
Reviewed 25 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Family with young children
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;