“This ain't your average donut shop”
Review of Monuts Donuts

Monuts Donuts
Ranked #14 of 839 Restaurants in Durham
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We aren't talking about no stinkin' Dunkin' Donuts here. Monuts is much more than the average conveyor belt pumping out mediocrity by the hundreds.

Yes, the lines are long, yes it is exceedingly trendy,and you will probably have to take them home for lack of seating but they are so worth it. The flavors are unique and delicious. With flavors like Maple Bacon, Chocolate Earl Grey, and Apple Cider these huge donuts are completely worth the calories. I actually got the last of the Double Chocolate donuts on the day that I went.... and they were not going to make anymore that day. Truly a treat and further proof that Durham\Chapel Hill area is a great place for people that truly love food.

Reviewed 30 April 2018

great place for breakfast, coffee or lunch. Very affordable and convenient. The staff are very accommodating and everything is fresh and good.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

We were here for brunch on a Sunday. Be prepared to wait in line, although on our visit it did not take long to order. You can only grab a table after you have placed your order. We were lucky to find a table after a couple graciously offered theirs. The menu is fun--all of the regular type of brunch items (like quiche and soup) but also some innovative combinations. This is not a place where you linger over your food since it is pretty noisy. Its definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

We were driving through town and met some friends at Monuts on our way. The first thing I saw when we walked in was a big sign giving a long list of rules about "saving seats." It was polite but detailed. It went into specifics; things like not putting your bag or your kids at the table prior to ordering. I mean, I get it....but...it just set a weird kind of tone when we walked in. Plus if not everyone abides by that rule, some people are just going to consistently get screwed when waiting "by the book" for their table.

The doughnuts and sandwiches and salads we ordered were REALLY good. The bagel sandwich I had was crusty on the outside and soft on the inside - a rare feat! The bacon, eggs and cheese on it were great as well. The doughnuts were heavy but really really good.

The only issue we had with service was that everyone's food came out at once with the exception of my daughter's untoasted, plain bagel with cream cheese - somehow that took an extra 7 minutes or so.

I think I would enjoy Monuts more if we were locals or eating solo and weren't trying to meet people in a large-ish group. Maybe just not the right kind of restaurant for what we were trying to do.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

I had visited Monuts in its previous location several years ago, and I’ve been wanting to visit the “new” location since they moved.

My husband and I had some good and some great food, along with some ok.

My favorite was their everything bagel with cream cheese. A near perfect bagel experience.

I also had a bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit. The biscuit was huge, sadly overwhelming the insides. But I could tell care had been taken to love the egg as opposed to just cooking it.

In fact, my husband had scrambled eggs on his platter. Those eggs were also prepared as if they mattered, and that is what is missing in so many breakfast places.

We also sampled a strawberry-rhubarb bar with a delightfully buttery flavor and a delicious coffee toffee donut.

I bit pricey. Then again, a bit of food. The bagel and cream cheese is probably the most economical and rewarding bite on the menu.