All reviews front desk page road original hotel make a u turn durham area convenient location breakfast room non smoking beds were comfortable waffles would stay here again a great stay first floor chapel hill rdu inns interstate
Reviewed 22 May 2016

we stayed at the Sleep Inn on may 14, 2016, because our granddaughter was graduating from Duke University. during her 4 years at Duke, we had visited her often and stayed at various hotels in the area. while none of the other hotels were terrible, none of them seemed to be as clean and well kept as the Sleep Inn. we travel quite often between New Jersey and Florida, and have stayed at other Sleep Inns, but none of the others were as attractive. our room was very spacious and the hot breakfast with sausage and eggs was more than we expected. we were only charge $63.00 for a Saturday night stay, but I have to admit that I am always offered specials because of my many trips. I am looking forward to finding an excuse to return to the Sleep Inn.

Room tip: read the reviews.
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Sleep Inn Raleigh / Durham Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to completing a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

We were in town for 2 1/2 days for a basketball tournament. This felt like a newer hotel, was very clean and modern. It didn't have a lot of extras (but you expect that in a Sleep Inn), but it was exactly what we needed with a bunch of teenage boys. Service was great too.

I would have given it a 5 but the breakfast bar was very limited. Bagels, cereal, 1 waffle iron and a small heated tray with two items each. The breakfast area is also very small for the size hotel it is.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Reviewed 26 March 2016

Great place for an overnight before or after flight. We stay at Sleep Inn near Seattle Airport also and leave our car. Great price for quality with breakfast included. Good location and shuttle to airport is provided.

Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Reviewed 28 February 2016 via mobile

After reviewing options through Expedia, travelocity, trivago, etc... I called Sleep Inn to ask a few questions about their facilities and current pricing on room types. I spoke with Doug, the general manager, who was extremely short and rude to begin with, but upon asking about a military discount he actually scoffed and quoted me a price $15-20 higher than the first price I was quoted. I was a little baffled and then realized what an awful manager Doug is in the hospitality and tourism industry. He must also have a strong disliking of the military or anyone affiliated with the military because I was hung up on after asking why the price would be higher. A general manager of a hotel, that needed rooms filled, actually hung up on a prospective customer... MILITARY and military affiliates; don't stay where you will be disrespected and unwanted.

Date of stay: February 2016
2  Thank Freedom266612

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

This Sleep Inn is in a convenient location, right off an I-40 exit, near the airport, offices, shops, and restaurants. Overall I rate it "ok, could be better", and with so many good alternatives in the area, this might not be a traveller's best option.

The young man who checked me in late in the evening was courteous and efficient. Unfortunately, that was the high point. Next morning the breakfast was poorly managed: many items were out, but there was no one to be found. I had to go hunt someone down, and the manager on duty didn't seem to be bothered by the issues.

My room was clean and reasonably well-equipped. But the bed was quite uncomfortable. The wifi was weak, below acceptable. The heating/cooling system was terrible -- even on a very cold day I had to open the window to get some fresh air into the room and reduce the stuffiness.

The bathroom was set up to be "accessible", i.e., for someone who might be in a wheelchair for example. (I'd made a mistake while doing a last-minute booking.) I wasn't impressed: there had been no effort to design it properly for someone with special needs: the sink was turned sideways so there was no light over it, making it hard to use, and there was no counter space for toiletries and such.

So overall jnot horrible, but also not delightful. "Average" seems fair or maybe even a bit generous.

Date of stay: February 2016