All reviews east campus turn down service sun room granola duke university small glass of port made to order breakfast modern amenities bed and breakfast wedding weekend whole foods sitting room first floor cookies next morning the location is perfect waffles
Reviewed 1 January 2017

I stayed at the King's Daughters Inn this past fall while visiting family at Duke. It is a lovely place with a terrific breakfast and many amenities. Loved the location. My only complaint was that my room was very noisy (I stayed on the first floor and there was much overhead traffic).

Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 December 2016

I'm a little reluctant to give the Inn the review it deserves. It is a great place to stay and if everyone learns how nice it is, well, then we may have trouble getting to stay. It is that good. I could mention the fabulous decorations and room appointments, the bathroom and best shower I've ever seen, or the cooked to order breakfast in the dining room. Or maybe describe the afternoon tea with your choice of teas and wonderful tea cookies and scones. Then, there is the port and chocolates at bedtime. And of course, the extra helpful and friendly staff. But if I told you about all of this, then you would want to stay there and maybe even like the room we stay in as much as we do.

Room tip: We've stayed in several rooms and enjoyed them all. We especially liked the rooms with the sun porch.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
deannacrossman, Public Relations Manager at The King's Daughters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2016

Goodness, this is the sweetest review, James! Thank you infinitely for going out on a limb for us, and informing the world as to how wonderful we are here... We sure try!

We certainly try to cover every detail, ensuring that our guests are as accommodated as can be. Every little thing counts when you are in our walls, right down to the excellent water pressure in each of the guest rooms. It is such a treat to hear that these details, great and small, are appreciated.

Please, let us know which room you prefer upon booking and we will get you your room of choice, to the best of our abilities! While it is sometimes wise to have a back up favorite in mind, at least you know you'll be in good hands. We are so delighted you have enjoyed the many delights of The King's Daughters, and look forward to seeing you again! Thank you so much, James!

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

Very nice, comfortable room. Staff friendly and very helpful. Walking path across the street was wonderful. Great location. Didn't eat large breakfast but it smelled delicious. Home nade granola very tasty. Would stay there again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2016

We stayed at the King's Daughters Inn for our anniversary in September. I stumbled onto the Inn by searching for boutique hotels in Durham. The Inn is located on the edge of Trinity Park, not far from Brightleaf Square, and also very close to Duke.

The Inn is a converted home for women, and it has a bit of age on it, although it wears its age well. It has a nice location just across the street from the parklike grounds of Duke's East campus. The reception is pleasant and helpful, the lobby and common areas are nicely appointed.

We stayed in a small suite, with a sitting area and a bedroom. The suite was well furnished and quiet. We had a turndown service of port and chocolates which we enjoyed after our dinner at Nana's (also highly recommended).

The breakfast the next morning combined both simple continental and a "made to order" short list of eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles and a few other items. The food was good and the service very pleasant.

On the whole it was a great experience.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 September 2016

I was planning a surprise 1-night getaway for my husband ! I called the day of and booked everything. The staff actually cared and was excited for our plans. Everything was perfect! The inn does not feel hotel-ish and has ALOT of character. The staff was very helpful and always available. It's right beside Duke and 9th street, which is a very busy spot, but being at the inn feels like your far away from all the chaos. I definitely recommend it. We'll be going back again.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
deannacrossman, Manager at The King's Daughters Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2016

We are so happy to know you enjoyed your stay. Thank You for the kind words and for taking the time to let others know. We truly do appreciate it. :)

Cheers!