“Menu is very uneven - some great, some boring”
Review of Grub Durham

Grub Durham
Ranked #106 of 838 Restaurants in Durham
Reviewed 3 May 2018

The menu items here are very hit-or-miss. Some of the options are amazing, and others are pretty average fare. The chicken salad is just okay - not bad but I could make it myself and it would be just as good. The pastrami, however, was some of the best ever and I would go back just for that. The pimento cheese was...fine. The chicken biscuit was quite acceptable but on the small side. The "breakfast potatoes" side dish is $2.50 for a handful of fried dicked potatoes with no seasoning. The burgers are easily as good as some of Durham's top, well-known burger places. The cole slaw is basically cabbage with a bit of sauce and not much flavor. The fried fish sandwich was exceptional.

So, yea, choose wisely because you could end up getting something that will make you happy for days or something that you'll forget about except for the fact that it cost ten bucks for a totally ordinary meal.

It is a bit loud, especially outside. We had trouble hearing across our long table. I think inside was much quieter, but there are not a lot of inside tables.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We went around 3pm on a Sunday... Not busy at all! Had the 1200, which was a great tasting BBQ pork sandwich with slaw. The slaw standalone wasn't great, but combined on the sandwich was excellent!! Husband and daughter had the TREY burger, which was excellent, too. They have a coffee milkshake, too. Definitely recommend.

Reviewed 20 April 2018

Four friends went, we tried each other's food, and everything was tasty. Ample vegetarian choices.

We ate outside on a busy street with the wind blowing because it was more pleasant than inside. Cement floors, music blasting, and TV's going is not a good atmosphere to eat in.

I'd go back for the food, but take it out for a better experience.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I'm living in Durham for the past five months and I'm passionate about burgers. I tried all places with good fame about burguers: burger Bach, bull city burger, zin burgers and none of them are nearly close of the the quality and taste of Grub. The treymendous burger with house chips is unbeatable as the best burger in town. If you want the best burger in town, don't waste for time looking for other options. The happiness is here!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

As a long time supporter of NOSH I thought it was time to give Grub a chance and I am glad that I did. I ordered the Cubano burger and it was delightful with lots of great flavors mingled together. The atmosphere was lively and while the music was a tad loud, it was not overbearing.
I am looking forward to my next visit.

Been to Grub Durham? Share your experiences!