“Never wanted to leave”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Smooth Sailing

Horses
View from the Kitchen
Location to Turn off the Beach
Livingroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

csilva420...
Kearny, New Jersey
“Never wanted to leave”
Reviewed 14 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We stayed in Corolla, North Carolina, we knew that we picked the right place for our family as soon as we came up to the beach. The drive on the beach was amazing. The sun was setting the sky was full of color, red pinks, blues purples. Than we come upon our home we rented for the week. Again amazing. Easy access to get to house. We unlock the door walk in and felt immediately at home. I had to text the owner Angi G right away to tell her how much I love this place. There is not one bad view in any room. There are horses that show up every day. They roamed on the beach and the last day they stayed on our property all day. It is a slight walk to the beach but not bad at all. The Beach does become very busy on the weekends but we met great people. Again no problem, everyone is so friendly. The restaurant are so good in the area and great shops, food store also close. We went to the light houses in the area, so beautiful. On Saturday when packing up the car we allowed our dogs to roam before the long trip back to Nj. ( all dogs were on long leashes because horses were in the area) Our lab, "Cooper" sat up on the deck and would not come down. He just didn't want to leave, my husband had to pick him up and take him to our truck. I know how he felt, a week is just not enough time. I hope to come in the spring. Oh, and the water is filtered and drinkable. I have no complaints I love, love this place. Really miss the beach and the area.

rrhoff1
Jasper, Indiana
“Absolutely the best place to stay if you want it all!”
Reviewed 17 June 2017 for a stay in June 2017
people found this review helpful

The house is very comfortable and nicely decorated, makes you feel at home during your visit. The laundry room, deck furniture, grill, etc. all contribute to a relaxed stay. If you hope to see wild horses, you won't be disappointed. The location was great, on two different days we saw two different harems right next to our jeep and house. We saw horses every day. It was nice to have a short walk to the beach. In fact, we hardly ever left the house, except to go to the beach. It was a perfect vacation for us and will defiantly be back!

Ashleystr...
Cary
“Perfect Getaway!”
Reviewed 13 April 2017 for a stay in April 2017
person found this review helpful

We looked at tons of options for a little getaway and came across this one! This was by far the best vacation spot we've been to! The 4x4 beaches are remote enough to be able to enjoy the beach! The kids and dad loved being able to off-road. We were welcomed by wild horses on our first morning!! Just a short walk to the beach where we spent most of our time! This home allowed us to bring our 2 dogs who love the beach as much as we do and they enjoyed sunbathing on both porches. Our youngest (7 months) found herself the best spot in the house and took all her naps in the cozy hammock! I loved that the kids were able to play outside the house in the sand for times when we were at the house and they wanted to play. We will definitely be back!!!

485debbie
Rochester, New York
“Very Relaxing with beautiful views!!!”
Reviewed 21 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

Loved our stay at Smooth sailing, it was so beautiful and relaxing. Watching the horses on the beach was amazing!!. The only caution I would give someone that wants to rent, is that there is many stairs you need to go up and down so you have problems doing stairs, this probably wouldn't be the best place to stay.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Donna P
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Delightful Retreat”
Reviewed 27 January 2016 for a stay in September 2015

This was the most peaceful and relaxing vacation I’ve ever had at the beach. I fell in love with the whole place instantly. The house is charming, comfortable and so thoughtfully equipped. I found everything I needed, including a great selection of books. If you’re a music lover, be sure to bring some cd’s instead of just an ipod or phone. There’s a cd player with speakers attached to the upper corners of the walls in the living and dining area. It was so pleasant to have music fill the house (without being too loud) while I was cooking and dining. The house was immaculate, which was a nice surprise. I have stayed in many beach cottages in various places and not a single one has been all that clean when I arrived. There are always traces of sand, animal hair and dust. But this place was spotless! I’m puzzled by another reviewer who said the house was old and weathered. It’s true the outside steps are weathered, but the house itself is in excellent condition. My only disappointment was the water. Showering was not very pleasant due to the smell of sulfur. But, the gigantic jetted tub was amazing. The water was very brown when the tub was filled, but the smell was not quite as noticeable as it was in the shower. Just think of it as a therapeutic mineral bath. I spent a lot of time in the hammock reading or just enjoying the perfect weather, the faint sounds of the ocean waves and chirping crickets, and the occasional visit from rabbits and horses. There is no noise at all here – no traffic, no construction, no loud garbage trucks in the early morning. My entire stay was a delightful retreat. I had no problems, and no need to contact Angi until the very last minute. I had a problem with the lock box, but when I sent Angi a text, she responded immediately. I live just 12 miles from a popular beach, but I look forward to making another 8 hour drive to go back to Smooth Sailing.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house has great views.
Liked least: Showering, the water has a strong smell of sulfur.
Travelling group: Solo
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
28 Jan 2016
Thanks for letting me know how your stay was. I am still working on improving the water. I've began the process of installing a rain water harvesting system. Some owners along the beach are using cisterns and their water is crystal clear. An oxygenator and uv purification should make the water much improved.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing