All reviews front desk microwave and fridge room was clean maintenance man coffee pot trader joes tar heel continental breakfast sports bar nice pool shuttle service one night stay great place to stay basketball game free shuttle convenient location enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 21 December 2015

I booked this hotel because of the price. I wasn't sure what to expect when we got there but Tony was so helpful great to work with. My family would stay there again. This is a great hotel for the price!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Chapel1301, Manager at Chapel Hill University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2015

Many thanks for your 5-star review. We recognize the huge expense of travel and take great pride in offering safe, clean, comforable rooms at a great value! Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. Happy New Year to you and your family!

Reviewed 21 December 2015

I came in for a business trip, Tony was incredibly kind and courteous when I checked into the hotel. The bed was incredibly comfortable and I slept great. The rooms were really clean and I loved the sports decor.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Chapel1301, Manager at Chapel Hill University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2015

Laura,

Thank you for taking the time during this busy season to write a review on our Inn. It was our pleasure to host you during your business trip. We are thrilled to hear that you were comfortable and pleased with your room. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 18 December 2015

This hotel is in a great location, close to UNC, shopping centers, and dining. Our room was nice, clean, comfortable beds, and also had an affordable price. We will definitely be staying there when we visit again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Michael D., Thank you for taking time to write a five star review for our Inn. I'm so pleased that you were able to enjoy our great location and our great rates. It is our pleasure to offer clean, comfortable rooms at a terrific value. We are excited to hear that you will be back - hopefully in time to catch a basketball game this winter! Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Reviewed 17 December 2015

Stayed at the hotel for a friends wedding because it was close. Based on the photos on the website it looked like a nice place. Photos can be deceiving. The lobby was nice and bright, but that was all. The room was old and needed serious updating. The beds were in dire need of mattresses. The carpet was old and dingy. We would definitely drive a little further to get a better hotel if we had to do it again.

Date of stay: August 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hi Joseph,

I'm so terribly sorry that your room did not meet expectations. Please know that those issues are not typical of our Inn and we have followed up on all of your concerns. I certainly hope that you will give us a chance to "wow" you on a future stay. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 15 December 2015

Great experience with a friendly and accommodating staff! Pet friendly. Close to Restaurants. Close to UNC. Very clean rooms. Very efficient check in and check out. Every one I came into contact with was very helpful and genuinely cared about my stay. Would highly recommend.