“Not over impressed”

Ranked #1 of 8 Dessert in Carolina Beach
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Takeout
Reviewed 3 May 2018

Big long lines for these donuts?? Wasn't impressed. They tasted like glazed zeppoles. Not worth the wait.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,623)

Reviewed 1 May 2018

Don't get me wrong. Britt's Donuts are good - BUT - only when they are warm.

We've become locals on Pleasure Island and many told us of the magic of Britt's. But as we arrived in the winter on the beach, they were not open (be sure to find out the hours when you're coming, as they are closed off-season and have fairly tight open hours) and we had to wait to try our first Britt's.

I think the experience of waiting in a long line (our first experience too) had something to do with this, but if you don't time it right, you will find yourself turning the corner and seeing a hundred people in line sometimes! It's kind of nuts, really - but this is the thing about Britt's. I think I am in the minority giving them a midling rating, as people seem to either go nuts for these or find them gross.

My recommendation is to get them early in the morning or when you're drunk, as they will seem much better in both instances. You absolutely have to have them hot, because as leftovers, they are kind of awful in my opinion.

Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

This is a cash only family business. Yeast glazed donuts freshly baked onsite, plain only. Only good when freshly baked. $1 each including tax. Not my taste in donuts, but my family enjoys these and they usually get them whenever we're at Carolina Beach.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

You must visit Britt's. The best donuts ever. Make sure you just buy a dozen...don't be silly and get just one or two because you will be back in line getting more.
Make you have cash, they do not accept cards.

Reviewed 28 April 2018

britts has by far the BEST donuts in the east! I have drove 3.5 hours just for donuts! never walked out on the beach or went anywhere else, just drive, donuts, and home!!! they will have you hooked! the atmosphere is amazing laid back and calm! theres nowhere else youll find donuts like these! been going there every summer since I was a baby! now well continue you this tradition with our granddaughter!