“Absolutely MUST visit when in the Asheville area”

The Dancing Dragonfly
Ranked #11 of 22 Shopping in Black Mountain
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: A destination shop in historic downtown Black Mountain, NC outfitted in 100% reclaimed materials. Featured handcrafted work and art by regional artist and across the country. Gourmet Foods, Wood Carvings, Jewelry, Handmade lamps, Original Artwork, handmade rugs and so much more!
Reviewed 3 May 2018

We visit AVL about 4 times a year and The Dancing Dragonfly is always on our list for places to visit. Their inventory is always changing with the addition of new one-of-a-kind treasures. We bought a fabulous floor lamp that takes a very prominent place in our living room. We also bought 2 gecko sconce lights, countless all wood puzzle boxes, local jams and jellies, and the most amazing custom stoneware that my husband treasures, each piece is handmade and painted, no 2 are exactly the same. Then there is always the gorgeous artwork by shop owner, Norman Gill. We have about 6 of his original works. The store itself is also amazing with real wood panel walls that make you feel like you are in a rustic cabin. Do yourself a favor and try this place, you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

Such a wonderful variety of neat & very different artsy things to satisfy your need to find that magical thing to take home.....and my two unique mobiles were just the things I was looking for....Never saw any like them before...I do believe I am the owner of two 'One Of A Kind" mobiles...and one is lovely on my porch and the other a gift to my daughter's porch!