Review Highlights

Reviewed 29 July 2018
Ruth H
Rutherford
via mobile

All reviews captain bob water bug carrot island wild horses boat ride beaufort waterfront minute tour oysters dozen horses gave us lots of information educational tour oyster beds nice tour fiddler crabs all ages bring your camera taylor's creek
Reviewed 4 August 2018

Kim and I recently took a group out for the "Sunset Cruise". Everyone absolutely loved "Peggy". She is so knowledgable about the area. Whether it be Flora, Fauna, Birds, or Horses. If you come to Beaufort, please be sure to enjoy this experience. It will be a ride to remember for a lifetime.

Date of experience: August 2018
2  Thank Jonathan H
Reviewed 1 August 2018

The price is not bad (under $20) for a boat ride. Parking is limited, and costs, but our total was under $2 I believe for the time we spent in Beaufort. There are a few huge steps to get down in the boat, which may pose a problem for the elderly or disabled. The boat is VERY small! The captain had to separate one of the families to even out the weight of the boat, and they sat across from each other. There were only 7 of us, including the captain on the boat. I think it would be better if you had a group of 6-8 people that you knew and were going on a tour together. The captain was late getting us out on the water due to waiting on one of the couples that was behind on getting their food. The captain seemed nice, but had a high voice that was pitchy, and may annoy some. We saw some horses, but didn't get as close to them as pictures I'd seen here before going. The high was definitely the beautiful sunset! Bring your camera for that! The reason I gave it a 3 instead of a 4, is because my husband and I didn't think we'd return to this tour. For us, we would have preferred having more room and been closer to the horses. We sort of wished we had done the dolphin tour with another company instead. It's worth a visit, but might be a one and done.

1  Thank FromSea2ShiningC
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Midday tour with Captain Bob - very informative and entertaining and we also got to see ponies! Highly recommend for all ages.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

As a single Mom with two kids, I always appreciate attention to detail, providing attention to the kids, and the ability to modify the journey based off of their needs/desires/excitement. Captain Peggy was super nice and very accommodating with my kids who are 5 and 7. She explained the sea life, the islands, the protected wild horses and a bit about the town of Beaufort. Enough to keep them occupied and excited and enough for me to learn also. The kids really enjoyed the trip and we really enjoyed her warmth and kindness. Her spirit and love for the sea is apparent and it is nice to see such a calm captain taking people out and answering all of their questions. She even provided additional ideas as to where to dine, take the kids to learn and where else to consider having fun while we are vacationing. This is rare in a competitive World and environment. I would highly recommend for families, couples, and whoever wants a realistic view of this beautiful area coupled with information about the birds, dolphins, horses and history. I think she made the trip really special versus being on a ferry going somewhere. We had a ball! Thank you Captain Peggy

2  Thank LMY328
Reviewed 25 July 2018

This ride along the Creek might be interesting if you pay attention to the tide before booking your time. If the tide is high, you won't get to see the horses up close and personal, which is pivotal to the money spent on this tour.

1  Thank marycp98
bhrust, Owner at Waterbug Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thanks for riding on the waterbug... and your review. Unfortunately The information you've given about the tides and seeing the horses is incorrect! I couldn't begin to count the times my guest have seen the horses right on the shoreline at high tide. There favorite food is Salt marsh Cord grass… Which only grows along the shoreline up to the high tide mark. They'll eat that grass whether it's high tide or Lowtide makes no difference. Will often see them at high tide with their mouth's just under water nibbling the grass underneath.
Captain Bob