“Great experience with Waterbug Tours”
Review of Waterbug Tours

Waterbug Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: 45-60 Minute...Wild Ponies,Nature & History Cruise: Cruising along the Rachel Carson Reserve in search of wild ponies... it's common for us to see Dolphins, Sea turtles, and a variety of wildlife along the way enjoy panoramic views of Beaufort's charming old homes & working waterfront. While learning the history of our quaint Seaport Village, hear about the best places to eat & the local sights not to miss! Don't forget your camera! A Little History A Little Nature A Lot of Fun!
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

Midday tour with Captain Bob - very informative and entertaining and we also got to see ponies! Highly recommend for all ages.

All reviews
"oyster beds"
in 4 reviews
"dozen horses"
in 2 reviews
"gave us lots of information"
"educational tour"
in 9 reviews
"bring your camera"
"great boat"

Reviewed 28 July 2018

As a single Mom with two kids, I always appreciate attention to detail, providing attention to the kids, and the ability to modify the journey based off of their needs/desires/excitement. Captain Peggy was super nice and very accommodating with my kids who are 5 and 7. She explained the sea life, the islands, the protected wild horses and a bit about the town of Beaufort. Enough to keep them occupied and excited and enough for me to learn also. The kids really enjoyed the trip and we really enjoyed her warmth and kindness. Her spirit and love for the sea is apparent and it is nice to see such a calm captain taking people out and answering all of their questions. She even provided additional ideas as to where to dine, take the kids to learn and where else to consider having fun while we are vacationing. This is rare in a competitive World and environment. I would highly recommend for families, couples, and whoever wants a realistic view of this beautiful area coupled with information about the birds, dolphins, horses and history. I think she made the trip really special versus being on a ferry going somewhere. We had a ball! Thank you Captain Peggy

2  Thank LMY328
Reviewed 25 July 2018

This ride along the Creek might be interesting if you pay attention to the tide before booking your time. If the tide is high, you won't get to see the horses up close and personal, which is pivotal to the money spent on this tour.

1  Thank marycp98
bhrust, Owner at Waterbug Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Thanks for riding on the waterbug... and your review. Unfortunately The information you've given about the tides and seeing the horses is incorrect! I couldn't begin to count the times my guest have seen the horses right on the shoreline at high tide. There favorite food is Salt marsh Cord grass… Which only grows along the shoreline up to the high tide mark. They'll eat that grass whether it's high tide or Lowtide makes no difference. Will often see them at high tide with their mouth's just under water nibbling the grass underneath.
Captain Bob

Reviewed 25 July 2018

Before we set off for the boat ride I had to insist my 5 year old granddaughter be given a life jacket.

2  Thank rshadrosky
See more reviews
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Had the opportunity to take a beautiful evening tour on the Waterbug with Captain Bob Friday evening. I have been on his tour several times and he always amazes me each time with more stories and information about this beautiful town. Captain Bobs knowledge is far superior to any book or web site about our wild ponies, nature preserves and marine life. We were so fortunate to see a herd of ponies today. You must take this 45-60 minutes tour and enjoy nature at its best with either Captain Bob or Captain Peggy. I give it three thumbs up And a big Hooray!!!

1  Thank lmc1ny