All reviews cookies the kitchen carriage house baked goods tea selection my husband and i spring water private porch bed and breakfast frittata the main house windham mountain breakfast was delicious pancakes dvd library each morning home away from home
Reviewed 3 October 2018

We stayed there for 4 nights over Labor Day Weekend. As soon as we arrived, it felt like I was in my 2nd home. The property has a lovely garden, plenty of outdoor seating, a hammock to just chill, and even a bonfire area to make smores. Our room and beds were very clean. Leslie and Maryanna (the owners) made us feel like we were part of the family. They opened their kitchen to all the guests. Besides the delicious garden-to-table breakfast, there were yummy sweets and beverages all day long. On top of all that, they even allowed us to pick veggies from their garden and shared their recipes with us. Thank you Leslie and Maryanna for making your home our home-away-from-home! P.S. it's in a great location, walking distance to the beautiful Windham Path and Nunzio's Pizzeria.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Marianna L, Owner at Albergo Allegria Bed & Breakfast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Wow, it's incredible that you felt at home right away, Meg -- I'm truly so happy to hear that. Welcome to the Albergo Allegria family! I'm so thrilled that you chose to spend your weekend getaway with us, and it's wonderful that the feeling's mutual. Hope you'll be back soon. Although the gardens are in the process of getting 'put to bed' for the upcoming winter, much of our harvest is being preserved and packaged to be featured in our morning offerings or guest pantry treats.... so, you'll always have that 'garden-to-table' deliciousness when you return!

Thanks,

Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

The breakfasts truly are memorable. The evening "open kitchen" desserts are very nice. The whole inn is ship shape, well cared for. Nice location. Excellent German meals or pizza in front just next door and about 8 other restaurants in the historic hotel. Pay laundry just behind the old church across from the gas station on Church St. Our mattress was good. The room also had trundle beds for families. The only problem was in having just one chair plus an ottoman for watching TV or checked out videos from their collection of thousands. But we rate it 5 Stars as an inn.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

It's so wonderful that everything hit the mark for you. Happy to hear you especially loved the breakfast and desserts -- we love cooking for our guests, and it's nice when the feeling's mutual. I'm so glad you enjoyed the area restaurants; they're quite competitive and all but a few are chef owned. Thanks for the kind review, and we hope you'll be back soon. Next time, just drop me a note ahead of time and we'll have two relaxing chairs in your room. Or, choose a room from our website that offers two full recliner chairs. Either way, we'll make sure you can enjoy the 3000+ DVD's in comfort!

Best,

Reviewed 1 October 2018 via mobile

My husband and I so enjoyed our overnight stay. Great ambience all around. Sincere owners put great effort into ensuring you enjoy your stay. The grounds are lovely and provide a nice space to stroll by the water. Breakfast was superb. Well worth the slight increase of cost from standard offerings.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan F

It's lovely that you and your husband enjoyed your getaway with us, Susan. I'm so happy to hear that you feel taken care of by us -- we do care deeply that you have a wonderful stay. Looking forward to the next time you two come see us.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We stayed a few times this summer. It was great. Customer services was great. Breakfast was delicious. Rooms have AC. Rooms are big and clean. We were very happy. We will go back. I highly recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

We loved having you this summer, and we're so happy that you got the chance to come see us more than once. I'm so thankful for this wonderful review -- glad you loved everything so much! Can't wait to have you back again.

Best,

Reviewed 11 September 2018

We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to those visiting the area looking for a B&B with tons of little touches that help it stand apart. For the price per night this is also a really great value, so some of the cons I think can be overlooked for that reason.

Pros
- Value is great - lots of different options depending on price point
- Breakfasts were delicious, as was the courtesy pantry - tons of yummy treats and drinks (anything from cookies, to hot cocoa, to various teas and various size french press/coffee options) - they really thought of everything
- Terrific location. Right on the wind ham path walking trail, can walk to a pharmacy, bookstore, coffee shop, bike shop, ski shop, bank and restaurant. Amazing!
- Cozy living room area with enough space that you're not on top of others - room for playing games, reading books, and lots of resources
- Tons of little touches that are truly unique (I won't ruin them all) - it's impressive and a cut above

Cons
- Beds could use some updating as they weren't the most comfortable (I think they are spring mattresses still) - something they might want to consider upgrading.
- Rooms could use some updating and upgrading around the edges, and can do so without losing that antique-y charm.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank islabery
Marianna L, Owner at Albergo Allegria Bed & Breakfast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

It's lovely that you had a wonderful stay and enjoyed the value, breakfast, location, and living room space -- that's so great to hear! I'm happy that you liked the little touches, too, because those are the things that make our guests feel like they're "at home, but better". I appreciate your thoughtful and detailed review, and I'll definitely take your thoughts on upgrades into consideration, because we're always looking to improve! Come enjoy another getaway with us again soon.

Kindly,