“WOW ”

That Curry Place
Ranked #7 of 60 Restaurants in Whitianga
Price range: US$3 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Description: Two great cuisines at One great place. Located in the heart of town offering contemporary and delicious Indian and Thai food. Vegan, Gluten free and Dairy free items available. Enjoy the patio dining under the stars.
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had a lovely day at Cathedral Cove and stopped at Whitianga for an easy takeaway dinner. Not wanting to spend too much money, we quickly looked at the menu online along with several reviews and decided to give it a go, even though we were slightly doubtful about the Thai/Indian mix. That was not an issue. Friendly staff, a short 20 minute wait for 4 meals, and delicious authentic food. Spring rolls were excellent, as well as, the singing chicken. Not to mention we were so full we could barely move after!! After a week, we still talk about how delicious the meal was. We will definitely plan a trip in Whitianga again, simply to come to this delicious restaurant.

Thatcurryplace, Manager at That Curry Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thank you for taking time to share your experience and we are very delighted to know that you enjoyed your meal and our service. I can understand some patrons are unsure about Indian/Thai combo, but it provides great menu options to try and share. We have separate chefs for each cuisine and they take pride in their own dishes.

We certainly look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

I stopped there for an early dinner. As a vegetarian I had a bit of a hard time finding a place in NZ that offers a variety of meals but in this case I had so many delicious options I couldn't make up my mind! I took Navi's advice, who was really kind, polite and professional and ordered the Biryani and some cheese and garlic naan. Just amazing!

Wish I could eat there all the time!

Thatcurryplace, Manager at That Curry Place, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Thank you for your review and kind comments about the food. I am really excited to know about your positive experience and recommendations by Navi. I will share your comments with the staff and we would love to have you join us again.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

I can speak very highly of this place - the food, the service and whole experience in itself. I ordered from both the Indian and Thai sections of the menu and can wholeheartedly say that the food was tasty, well seasoned and would stand up against any that I've had in NZ. On top of that the portions are generous and well-priced for those on a budget. Will dine again on my next Coromandel trip!

Thank you for your comments and sharing your positive experience. It will be a delight to have you back at the restaurant and we look forward to it.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Maybe I should have order the Indian menu rather than the Thai as the owner is Indian. But having said that my Thai green curry was better than the average but probably it was a Thai dish with an Indian twist. Still nice though.

Thatcurryplace, Manager at That Curry Place, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

Thanks for the review and glad you enjoyed dining with us. We actually have Thai and Indian chefs on staff looking after their own respective cuisines. It will be great to have you back to try Indian food also.

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Great food. Awesome service. And he even introduced me to my new favourite curry. Authentic tasty Indian food. Can't wish for much more.

Thatcurryplace, Manager at That Curry Place, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Thank you for your weekly visits and of course it is an honor for us to have you as a loyal customer. We should be able to have you try some other new dishes which we shall introduce soon.