“Deserves more than 5 stars”

Sea Cave Adventures
Ranked #5 of 20 Tours in Whitianga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join Les and experience a personal tour like no other.Visit the famous Cathedral Cove. Slowly cruise inside and enjoy the natural beauty of the incredible sea caves, from Whitianga to Hot Water Beach. Snorkel with the fish in the marine reserve or swim in the amazing waters of the massive Orua Cave. Enjoy the magnificent scenery, golden beaches, offshore islands, spectacular blowholes and towering rock faces. Visit all this and photograph more from our purpose built boat where your safety and enjoyment is our specialty.
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

If I could give it more than 5 stars I would. What a fantastic tour, Les was lovely and so knowledgable. The tour got us up close and personal with some of the most incredible landscapes in mercury bay, including Cathedral Cove, Stingray Bay and stunning caves and blow holes! We got off the boat and my husband immediately asked when could we come back!

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review Tegan, I really appreciate it. I am s glad to hear that you really enjoyed yourself on board - I aim to make sure every trip is memorable for everyone on board with the amazing views out there along the coast.
I look forward to seeing you back and taking you back out along the coast, no doubt the natural beauty of the rockfaces, caves and blowholes will of changed over time.
Thanks again for such a kind review, really appreciate it.

All reviews
"new zealand"
in 7 reviews
"interesting facts"
in 2 reviews
"great knowledge of the area"
"his knowledge"
in 9 reviews
"skipper"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

Sea cave adventures is one if the best value for money tourist attractions you can do. The guide (Les) is knowledgeable and funny and the tour is excellent. The bonus of a smaller boat than the other sea tours is that you can enter many of the smaller Sea caves and Les is an excellent skipper and skillfully navigates the coastline for maximum effect and it's amazing! I can't reccoment this enough. One of the best $80 I ever spent

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your trip with us, I really appreciate hearing all the feedback.
So glad to hear you enjoyed our trip so much, with the advantage of getting in to the smaller areas, I aim to make sure each trip is enjoyable and memorable for everyone on board - the natural beauty of the coastline is ever changing.
Thank you again for such a kind review, it means alot and i hope to see you again on the water another time.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Les is a great raconteur, knows lots of local history, points of interest and funny stories. More importantly he is a talented sailor. A great, entertaining couple of hours

Thanks so much for taking the time to review our trip, I really appreciate hearing your feedback and so happy to hear you enjoyed my stories.Thanks again for your review, it means alot to myself as i aim to make sure every trip is enjoyable for everyone on board.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Extremely exiting tour in fast rubber boat. I was very reluctant to go, but this trip turned out ta be one of the highligts of my 4 NZ weeks!

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2018

So happy to hear that you enjoyed your trip and rated it so highly on your trip to NZ.
Hopefully we can see you again on your next visit :)

Thanks