“The Stunning Coastline of the Coromandel”

Sea Cave Adventures
Ranked #5 of 20 Tours in Whitianga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join Les and experience a personal tour like no other.Visit the famous Cathedral Cove. Slowly cruise inside and enjoy the natural beauty of the incredible sea caves, from Whitianga to Hot Water Beach. Snorkel with the fish in the marine reserve or swim in the amazing waters of the massive Orua Cave. Enjoy the magnificent scenery, golden beaches, offshore islands, spectacular blowholes and towering rock faces. Visit all this and photograph more from our purpose built boat where your safety and enjoyment is our specialty.
Reviewed 25 February 2018

When we arrived at Whitianga we were hoping to get out onto the water to see Cathedral Cove. The managers of our hotel also offered tours via Sea Cave Adventures out onto the water, so we decided to take advantage of this opportunity.

Lucy for us, but not so much for the operator, he had had some motor trouble. So other clients had made alternative arrangements to get out onto the water, resulting in us having the boat to ourselves. This enabled us to ask all the questions we wanted about the coastline and marine park that we wished, and Les was very obliging with responding to our questions.

We found that Les' boat was just that bit smaller than most of the other tours, so we were able to get right inside some of the caves along the coastline, allowing us a very intimate viewing experience. My daughter and I took the opportunity to go out for a swim in the water, which was rather refreshing.

We would happily recommend this trip for those who wish to enjoy a sea-side view of the Coromandel coastline.

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Kimberley,
Thanks for the review and taking the time to give me some feedback, I really appreciate it and even better to hear that you didn't regret your decision to book with us thru your hotel despite the rocky start.
I'm glad to hear you appreciated your personal tour and I was more than happy to answer or attempt to answer all your questions and give you a decent insight into the coastline and its history, there is so much out there I'm happy I was able to show you the bets bits.
Our boat is a little bit smaller than the others so we can get into those smaller and more restricting sights so our guests can see every little detail of our wonderful coastline.
Thank you again Kimberley for taking the time to review your trip and again I am so happy to hear that your daughter and yourself enjoyed the trip so much.

All reviews
"new zealand"
in 7 reviews
"interesting facts"
in 2 reviews
"great knowledge of the area"
"his knowledge"
in 9 reviews
"skipper"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 25 January 2018

We loved Les's tour - the scenery was amazing, Les knew heaps about the area, and it was lovely jumping in for a swim. We saw Cathedral cove, several sea caves, and a lot of happy fish. Highly recommend!

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your time out on the water with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself experiencing the beauty of the coastline.
thank you again for your kind review, i really appreciate it.

Cheers

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Took the sea cave adventures today had a great time the sea was a little rough but, Les got us up close to a lot of caves and in though some of them. He had great knowledge of the area. Would recommend this as a great time.

SeaCaveAdventures1, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Hi Stellak3000,
Thanks for taking time to review our tour and we are so glad you enjoyed it. The caves are a bit special and its always great to show them.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We did this tour on New Years Day not knowing much about it at all. It was AMAZING! Les showed us the true beauty of the area and the unexpected caves were a real highlight. Our family absolutely loved it.

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our trip - I really appreciate hearing your feedback.
I am so pleased to hear yourself and your family enjoyed their time out with us on the water, we try and make sure we get to show you the hidden gems along the coastline.
Thanks again for the kind review - I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Whitianga.
Thanks

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 December 2017

We went on this tour with Les a couple of weeks ago. There were only 2 of us but he still seemed happy to take us out.
We went on the early 8am tour which is probably the best as it probably gets a bit rough in the afternoons.
Les is full of interesting facts about the beautiful part of the world he lives in and the tour was really interesting. I especially liked going into the sea caves that some of the other boats don't go into and seeing the famous Cathedral Cove (which would take a lot of effort to get to if you don't go by boat.)
I would have like to go snorkelling but it was just too cold, would probably be great in summer though.
The boat ride was good, got a bit rough when you go out a bit further but nice and smooth close to home, and great to see all the beautiful cliffs and rock formations around the area.
I would definitely recommend this tour, great price as well.

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your trip with us, I really appreciate hearing all the feedback.
8am is the best time to be on the water it is so calm and un-interrupted from the days activities, my personal favourite tour without a doubt. With our slightly smaller boat we are able to get up close and inside the sea caves that are sound the coastline, especially the tighter ones which only our boat can access - I am glad to hear you enjoyed that - hope you were able to grab some good photos.
Thank you again for such a kind review and I am so pleased to know you enjoyed your time on the water with us.
Cheers