“An awesome way to see the coast”

Sea Cave Adventures
Ranked #5 of 19 Tours in Whitianga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join Les and experience a personal tour like no other.Visit the famous Cathedral Cove. Slowly cruise inside and enjoy the natural beauty of the incredible sea caves, from Whitianga to Hot Water Beach. Snorkel with the fish in the marine reserve or swim in the amazing waters of the massive Orua Cave. Enjoy the magnificent scenery, golden beaches, offshore islands, spectacular blowholes and towering rock faces. Visit all this and photograph more from our purpose built boat where your safety and enjoyment is our specialty.
Reviewed 25 January 2018

We loved Les's tour - the scenery was amazing, Les knew heaps about the area, and it was lovely jumping in for a swim. We saw Cathedral cove, several sea caves, and a lot of happy fish. Highly recommend!

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your time out on the water with us. I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself experiencing the beauty of the coastline.
thank you again for your kind review, i really appreciate it.

All reviews
in 7 reviews
"an incredible experience"
"interesting facts"
in 2 reviews
"great knowledge of the area"
"great fun"
"his knowledge"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 15 January 2018

Took the sea cave adventures today had a great time the sea was a little rough but, Les got us up close to a lot of caves and in though some of them. He had great knowledge of the area. Would recommend this as a great time.

SeaCaveAdventures1, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Hi Stellak3000,
Thanks for taking time to review our tour and we are so glad you enjoyed it. The caves are a bit special and its always great to show them.

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We did this tour on New Years Day not knowing much about it at all. It was AMAZING! Les showed us the true beauty of the area and the unexpected caves were a real highlight. Our family absolutely loved it.

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our trip - I really appreciate hearing your feedback.
I am so pleased to hear yourself and your family enjoyed their time out with us on the water, we try and make sure we get to show you the hidden gems along the coastline.
Thanks again for the kind review - I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Whitianga.
Thanks

Reviewed 18 December 2017

We went on this tour with Les a couple of weeks ago. There were only 2 of us but he still seemed happy to take us out.
We went on the early 8am tour which is probably the best as it probably gets a bit rough in the afternoons.
Les is full of interesting facts about the beautiful part of the world he lives in and the tour was really interesting. I especially liked going into the sea caves that some of the other boats don't go into and seeing the famous Cathedral Cove (which would take a lot of effort to get to if you don't go by boat.)
I would have like to go snorkelling but it was just too cold, would probably be great in summer though.
The boat ride was good, got a bit rough when you go out a bit further but nice and smooth close to home, and great to see all the beautiful cliffs and rock formations around the area.
I would definitely recommend this tour, great price as well.

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your trip with us, I really appreciate hearing all the feedback.
8am is the best time to be on the water it is so calm and un-interrupted from the days activities, my personal favourite tour without a doubt. With our slightly smaller boat we are able to get up close and inside the sea caves that are sound the coastline, especially the tighter ones which only our boat can access - I am glad to hear you enjoyed that - hope you were able to grab some good photos.
Thank you again for such a kind review and I am so pleased to know you enjoyed your time on the water with us.

See more reviews
Reviewed 17 December 2017

There are several ways to see Cathedral Cove. You can take the water taxi. (Expensive and only goes to the beach) You can hike. (Long and only goes to the beach) You can kayak.(Long and only goes to the beach.) Or you can take one of the boat tours that leaves near Whitianga. Sea Cave with Les was highly recommended. And I'll return the favor. Yes, it's really that good. Les drives a small boat so it'll be an intimate tour. After we made our reservation, Les called back and said that, if we could make the earlier tour, the tide would be right for a trip to the big blowhole. If you get that chance take it. The trip leaves out of Whitianga or the ferry landing near Cooks Beach.

Les takes you out past Shakespeare Cliffs and into the marine preserve, providing expert local insight at each stop. And he knows that photographers love this trip so he leaves plenty of time and sets up plenty of vistas for the pictures.

The best part is, because he skippers a small boat, he can get into some pretty tight spots. In fact, there were a couple of times I don't think I would have tried to navigate a kayak through. But Les could. We went to two blowholes, including the big one which is worth the effort.

Overall, a great trip with a great guide.

Hi Daryl,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your trip with us - I really appreciate the kind feedback and hearing how everyone enjoyed the trip. Our smaller boat does allow for that little bit of extra exploring and while the spots may seem tight, I always make sure that there is enough space for me to safely navigate the boat - adds a bit more excitement for everyone on board. The Big Blowhole is truly something great and I am so glad I could convince you to take the earlier trip and happy to hear you agreed it was worth it.
So glad that you had such a great time on board and again thank you for such a kind review - hope to see you again.