Review Highlights
Much recommended

Our boat trip started around 0800 at the Whitianga Wharf. During the trip we saw a lot of sea... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
994den
via mobile
Exhilarating and beautiful

We booked Les’ trip spur of the moment when arriving at our motel. We’re glad we did; the trip is a... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
RealMenLoveCats
Reading, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews cathedral cove rock formations boat ride great tour small boat new zealand interesting facts great knowledge of the area his knowledge photo opportunities recommend this trip mercury bay les blow boats wharf coastline
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

We went on this tour with Les. He is a character and full of knowledge about the area. He was able to answer any questions I had. He took us to caves and blow holes other bigger boats would not have fitted in.

There was five on the tour and the boat was very comfortable. He even supplied people with sunscreen.

He stopped in a beautiful location for a few of us to take a swim and snorkel.

Trip lasted about two and a half hours. Well worth the money. Thanks Les

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Hi Gail,
Thank you for taking the time to review your trip out with us the other day, i really appreciate hearing the feedback.
I am glad i was able to answer the questions you had - i like to think i am full of fun facts about our coastline.
While our boat is a little bit smaller, it is surely beneficial when it comes to getting into those smaller caves and blowholes, i am glad to hear you enjoyed that aspect of our tour as I think it really sets us apart form the others.
I like to make sure that everyone on board is as comfortable as possible and try to supply everything including sunscreen because we all know that summer sun can be dangerous.
Thank you so much for choosing to come out and explore the coast with us and also writing such a kind review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed yourself so much.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

We did this boat tour at 8am on an unpleasant day and the water was SO calm with hardly anyone about and les was a legend with soooo much local knowledge, enthusiasm and humour! Would highly recommend to anyone stopping in Whitianga as he is the only boat ride that will take you into the blowholes and caves. 10/10 thanks les :)

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hi Marli,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review of our trip, I really appreciate your feedback.
8am is definitely the best time to be out on the water and a great way to start your day. I try to let everyone know about the area with interesting facts, just to make the trip that much more enjoyable so I am glad to hear you enjoyed my commentary. Our boat is one of the only ones that will let you experience a little bit more, being smaller than the others we can experience the natural beauty of the caves and blowholes from inside - hope you were able to grab some great photos.
Again thank you so much for your kind review, i really do appreciate it and hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Whitianga.

Reviewed 29 August 2017

I have done this tour several times, and each time you see something new. This is the first thing we do with any visitors to the area, and we have always had a great time.

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Hi Daniel,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your trip with us. So happy to hear that you keep coming back for our trip and enjoy it every time, also appreciate you bringing your visitors to experience the trip too. I really appreciate your feedback and continued support.
See you on your next visit

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I emailed Les last minute and he was able to accommodate our request of an arvo tour for 5 - stress free.
We did the 2pm tour and the day was spectacular!
Les was absolutely brilliant! His knowledge of the area, the right amount of commentary and great size boat that was comfy and got into all the sights.
We came to Whitianga 7 years ago and this time came back with my parents and are so glad we did our tour with Les. Our whole group loved the tour and the stunning beauty of NZ. I cannot recommend Les' tour enough - this is a must do!
Thanks Les you're a champ :-)

1  Thank louie_slippers
SeaCaveAdventures1, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Thanks Louie, I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.
We've got a stunning bit of coastline and I love showing it off. Enjoy Sydney town and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

The tour is AMAZING, you can get inside of several caves and you can get so close to the shores it's amazing. Breath-taking experience, really glad we did this. Thank you!