“Well worth it”

Sea Cave Adventures
Ranked #5 of 20 Tours in Whitianga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Join Les and experience a personal tour like no other.Visit the famous Cathedral Cove. Slowly cruise inside and enjoy the natural beauty of the incredible sea caves, from Whitianga to Hot Water Beach. Snorkel with the fish in the marine reserve or swim in the amazing waters of the massive Orua Cave. Enjoy the magnificent scenery, golden beaches, offshore islands, spectacular blowholes and towering rock faces. Visit all this and photograph more from our purpose built boat where your safety and enjoyment is our specialty.
Reviewed 29 August 2017

I have done this tour several times, and each time you see something new. This is the first thing we do with any visitors to the area, and we have always had a great time.

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Hi Daniel,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your trip with us. So happy to hear that you keep coming back for our trip and enjoy it every time, also appreciate you bringing your visitors to experience the trip too. I really appreciate your feedback and continued support.
See you on your next visit
Cheers

"new zealand"
in 7 reviews
"interesting facts"
in 2 reviews
"great knowledge of the area"
"his knowledge"
in 9 reviews
"skipper"
in 23 reviews

Reviewed 11 June 2017 via mobile

I emailed Les last minute and he was able to accommodate our request of an arvo tour for 5 - stress free.
We did the 2pm tour and the day was spectacular!
Les was absolutely brilliant! His knowledge of the area, the right amount of commentary and great size boat that was comfy and got into all the sights.
We came to Whitianga 7 years ago and this time came back with my parents and are so glad we did our tour with Les. Our whole group loved the tour and the stunning beauty of NZ. I cannot recommend Les' tour enough - this is a must do!
Thanks Les you're a champ :-)

1  Thank louie_slippers
SeaCaveAdventures1, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2017

Thanks Louie, I'm glad everyone enjoyed it.
We've got a stunning bit of coastline and I love showing it off. Enjoy Sydney town and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

The tour is AMAZING, you can get inside of several caves and you can get so close to the shores it's amazing. Breath-taking experience, really glad we did this. Thank you!

Reviewed 19 April 2017

We booked this over the phone in the morning for a 2pm cruise then drove the 42 kms of twisty road to Whitianga from Coromandel Town as the weather was forecast to change the next day. Arrived at noon, had some lunch and hung out on the wharf until just before 2 pm. Weather is perfect, cruise is on a zodiac, holds about 10 or 12 or so. Very smooth, did not get wet and the trip is fantastic. Boat captain most informative, helpful and knowledgeable. Trip is just over 2 hours in length and is really neat as you get right inside the caves with the boat. Excellent tour, good value, highly recommend.

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2017

Hi Kenneth,
Thanks for reviewing your trip on Sea Cave, I appreciate hearing the feedback on our trips. In the 2 hours of our trip i try to make sure i can show you as much as possible along the coastline, especially the hidden caves that most boats can not access. Our boat sits quite low in the water which allows for the overall comfort of the trip and also stops from the water splashing in. Hope you were able to grab some great photos from the trip and I am so glad to hear you enjoyed yourself.
Thanks again for the review and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your visit to Whitianga.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2017

My husband and I loved every bit of this tour! Check out Sunlovers96 review which nicely details the excursion. First of all, the ride in the rubber inflatable zodiac type boat which seats about 8 is a blast! Les, our skipper, and proprietor of Sea Cave Adventures is a friendly and knowledgable gent with a good sense of humor, not to mention his excellent maneuvering of the boat to enter some of the sea caves and blowholes. Words cannot describe the views. I can say that the scenery left me 'breathless'. Absolutely stunning!! We were even able to snorkel a bit and got to see some colorful marine life. This tour is not to be missed. Let me also mention that Les and his lovely wife Jill are the owners of Oceanside Motel in Whitianga on Buffalo Beach Rd. We stayed 2 nights there and I highly recommend the place... Please check out my review for Oceanside Motel.

JandLCoomber, Owner at Sea Cave Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2017

Hi Maria,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review about your trip out with us on Sea Cave Adventures, I really appreciate all the feedback. I am so pleased to hear you and your husband enjoyed yourselves out on the water, some of the views we see along the coastline are magnificent and i hope you were able to grab some great photos, especially from inside the sea caves we saw. I try to make sure i cover everything and still leave enough time to have a bit of a snorkel around the marine reserve so i am glad you enjoyed having a look around in the water.
Thank you again for such a kind review and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to Whitianga.
Cheers