“Excellent meal”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 November 2017

Had the Bouillabaisse, it was really good. Wife hd the Bao cakes (name might be wrong), also excellent. Good people, efficient and with sense of humour. Stuck to local wines, which weren't the best (great nose, but taste didn't match). Would go there again.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Been trying to get back to this restaurant after I saw it closed on a trip up to Whatianga last Saturday, has been closed till today...Excited plus as I knew they had Mussel pots...my favourite thing in NZ.. True to form these plump morsels were delicious....still, would have preferred garlic bread with them instead of pomme frittes & mayo....that was my fault as I forgot...

Reviewed 8 October 2017

We had dinner here following a recommendation from locals in the know. We had seafood chowder and fried squid for starters and then fish & chips and Louisiana style fish for mains.

All the dishes were very fresh and tasted fantasitc. The staff were extremely friendly and explained the menu in detail. Really good family atmosphere and by the Marina.

Would definitely visit again on the next trip to Whitianga!

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

I enjoyed the waterside location, the service and the food. The Bouillabaisse was excellent. Nice lunch spot.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

Was not my cup of tea ... the restaurant was too hot for me, the fish of the day was sold out and was offered second choice of Bluenose - its was not the best, tough and stringy, rough cut chips and smashed peas - I cook better at home - sorry