All reviews undercover parking huge balcony fabulous apartment fully equipped apartment washing machine and tumble dryer nz tour lovely pool air con walking distance to the town top floor restaurants and cafes new managers hot water beach full kitchen short stroll stayed longer pam
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

Huge apartment, well equipped with everything you need (particularly useful to have a washer/dryer). Great view over the sports field and mountains and good location on the marina. 3 min walk to shops and restaurants, which we were well advised about from the owner. Lots of parking, seemed quite quiet but it is off-season. Outdoor pool looked nice, but we didn't use it. Much better than we had expected, can't be faulted and I would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2017

These apartments are ideally situated somewhere that everything is within walking distance. Fully equipped apartment, comfortable bed, great channels on tv, excellent shower. Disappointed that we could not stay longer! Highly recommend staying here, it's fantastic! If ever we are in NZ again Whitianga Marina Park Apartments will be top of our list. Lovely lady hosting in reception, very friendly and recommended a route to take back to Auckland that is phenomenal. A perfect end to our 3 week stay in NZ!!
K Lockwood

Room tip: View of the marina from the balcony is beautiful
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
manager1961, Manager at Marina Park Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2017

Thanku so much for your review, so pleased you had a great time.......... thought that you would enjoy your road trip back to Auckland as it is a very scenic route around that side of the Coromandel

Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

Not one to do this but after recieving bad feedback from the owner im going to give mine.
What an uncomfortable experience, the owner never once cracked a smile and made the stay not enjoyable at all. She turned around and made out the room was a mess - few dinner dishes and an unmade bed is classed as messy, absolutely ridiculous!!! Also made out that neighbours complained about noise, low music on a phone and quiet chatter outside on a Friday, really??? I could hear another room making more noise, which would have been the noise. But this did not bother me as it was a Friday and people where having drinks on thier balconies, kinda normal when your away. honestly felt this woman had it in for me personally. She would have complained if I farted to loud. Seriously consider some where else if you want to relax. Also found it extremely noisy in the morning with builders working above the rooms. Would have been more considerate if they waited until later in the day or do it on a weekday, not Saturday morning! There's some lovely places along the water front with friendly service which are better

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank Charlotte H
Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

We arrived to very warm welcome from Pam we asked for the Marina View, we were given a 2 bedroom apartment 36. Well what can I say when we walked in we were wow look at this an awesome view of the Marina you won't be disappointed. The room was well presented and clean the most important I think. The town is lovely. Went to the Cathedral Cave getting to the cave is very steep in places whether you walk the road or the beach way. The beach way is very pretty so be prepared. If your not very fit like me I had to stop to get my breath. Went to the Mud pools that was fun shovelling out to get the hot water. Some parts the water is burning so be careful.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Happy12Times

Thanku for your lovely review.
I totally agree with you looking over the Marina is magic ....... Our housekeepers take great pride in the presentation & cleanliness of our apartments, I will pass on your review as they also love to get feed-back.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

The apartments are not fully serviced but were clean and neat on arrival. Little extras like bath towels and shovels (to dig on hot water beach) are provided free of charge and the management are very nice and helpful with information. View and location and fabulous. The only drawback in the unit we stayed in was bad wifi reception.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanku for your lovely review. I agree the only let down is our wifi in some areas but we are currently getting this sorted, so very sorry about that.
Yes we are blessed to have such a lovely part of NZ and untouched as well.
Hope that you can come back and visit.