“Excellent food”

Geordie's Cafe and Art Gallery
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The newest venue on Rottnest offers 5 senses coffee, fresh made juices, smoothies, cakes and salads as well as an extensive dine in and takeaway menu. Local and Rottnest themed artworks are also on display and available for purchase.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We enjoyed multiple delicious meals at this cafe over our holiday - brunch & lunch. The menu is varied with plenty of healthy options, coffee plus the added bonus of being licensed. Recommend the paninis, calamari & juices! Excellent food & friendly service.

Date of visit: February 2021
Write a reviewReviews (226)

Reviewed 1 January 2021 via mobile

Happy New Year - we both had the same meal a “Reef & Beef” Fillet steak with creamy garlic prawns and Salad. Cooked Perfectly (Medium Rare) with a lovely salad, lightly dressed. For the quality of food great value. Great young happy staff eager to help made it a very enjoyable start to New Years Eve.

Reviewed 29 December 2020

Geordie Cafe you have done it again. I holiday at Rottnest every year at this time and every year I go home telling everyone that this is the best food on the island. On you of that there is always at least one meal that is outstanding quality. Last year you served me Beef Cheeks which were the tenderest and tastiest that I have ever eaten. This year you produced a Barramundi dish that was simply perfect. The fish was so soft it melt in my mouth and the accompanying vegetables matched superbly!
I have said it before and say again that this restaurant is punching way above its weight. Don't let the title of Cafe fool you, this is a top restaurant with the casual feel of a bistro. I highly recommend it

Reviewed 28 December 2020

I hadn’t been to Rottnest island for ages and having cycled and snorkelled, I was really hungry and looking forward to some good food. Ordered a chicken schnitzel burger and the falafel salad, with a smoothie and coffee as I was with my girlfriend. The falafel salad was great but unfortunately the burger was very disappointing. The schnitzel was so tenderised it looked like sliced chicken. I’m hoping that’s not the norm. Spoilt the day really.

1  Thank DocRah6
Reviewed 4 December 2020 via mobile

Food was ok. The twin soundtracks, one inside the restaurant and the other coming from the kitchen spoilt it though. It as harsh and some sort of punk. Must have been for the staff who were no older than 18.