“So much fun!”

The Scilly Cart Co
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 12 August 2018 via mobile

A rainy Saturday and we were lucky enough to get a last-minute cancellation 6-seater cart (do book in advance!) to tour the island. The five of us had such a laugh!

The carts are really easy to drive, in great condition and a whole lot of fun! We went all around the island to see places we’d not visited in ages (ever since kids refused to go on bikes). Even though it was raining, we spent the whole day in the cart and an otherwise dull day became a very enjoyable one.

And do try Golf Cart Karoake for added laughs!

Oh - make sure you say hello to the very cute ducks!!

All reviews
"stops"
"cars"
"burial"

Reviewed 7 August 2018

We phoned on the day at 08:45 and booked a 4-seater cart for collection at 09:45. We spent the whole day sight=seeing all across the island, stopping for snacks/lunch on the way. The cart's battery started to slow very late in the day and I think we racked up more miles than most would. We went around the island twice and by 3pm we'd finished what we wanted to do so I took my two boys on one last circuit of the island including a trip up to the airport to watch the planes take off (and hear the siren go). Check in was easy and check out was easier, Great value,

Reviewed 29 July 2018

Family of 4 booked well in advance a 6 seater - so we had a bit of extra space. 4 seater would have been adequate, but having the extra 2 seats gave us a bit more shelter from the showers.
Simple to use, clear instruction at the start and really friendly helpful owners & staff. Able to leave luggage etc there (unsecured but perfectly safe with Scilly isles low crime etc) so perfect for either a first or (in our case) last day on the isles before the flight / boat home.
Maps are provided and there is plenty of info on them for places to visit etc.
Couldn't recommend this enough - got to see parts of the island that wouldn't have otherwise
Tip - there is an amazing rope swing at the Innisidgen burial chambers and the views of the headland and other islands are well worth the trek. You'll need to park the cart on the road and walk down, but without the cart you'd struggle to get there if you are staying near the harbour etc.
Thanks for a great day.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The carts are a great way to get around the island, but be sure you fully understand the rules of the road here and can accept the double standards. We hired a cart for just one day and all went well as we drove around the st Mary's nine miles of tarmaced roads. I say all went well, until we parked outside of a shop in Hugh town on what we believed to be a tarmaced parking space. We unfortunately had crossed a single yellow line that denoted we were now on the pavement, which we had avoided parking on all morning along with not parking on a single yellow line or taking the cart off road. We were only gone 10 mins but on our return to the cart the owner was angrily starting to move it. I asked what he was doing, to which he shouted your on the bloody pavement, you've crossed the yellow line. I apologised for my ignorance but he was still very cross and ranted at us. I did point out that it was not very clear and where I live on the mainland the road and pavement are usually separated by a kerb, which was clearly lacking here. He handed me back the key and went off in a huff, I later discovered that the glass bottom boat 'sea quest' owner reported me for my so called bad parking. It does seem like the locals are all against the carts, as they have a facebook page almost dedicated to what they and there double standards consider bad parking. From that day on, I noted how many of the locals cars that were parked on pavements and yellow lines. I think they need to look long and hard in the mirror before reporting well meaning tourists, as they clearly have double standards. This experience completely ruined our day, as we were having a great time until we were shouted at and made to feel stupid. So if you do hire a cart be sure to follow all the rules, even ymrhe ones you are not told about

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We had a super day out in our Scilly Cart and visited all the places we wanted to easily as the cart is so easy to drive. First stop was a super pottery and artist studio just outside Hugh Town. We bought lots and could safely leave it in the cart all day. We found lovely bays and nice places to stop and eat make sure you get a map. You can take the cart through the arch and up to the top of Star Castle. We arrived back 5 mins late but the chaps were fine about it. I would highly recommend a Scilly Cart especially if you have a Doris (celebrating her 90th birthday)

1  Thank Karen H