All reviews top floor no lift pedestrian area combination square interior parking centre spain
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Hotel Apolonia is located in the very centre of Soria, one block away from the square and close to the park. The staff are very helpful and all rooms are furnished well- a little more space would've been nice. Breakfast is quite simple, a few more options would've be nicer. It is quite pricey but overall worth the money.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 July 2017

This hotel is a real gem. The staff are just the nicest people and the place is clean and at a wonderful location. After a horrible bus trip on a scorching hot day, the Apolonia was like a safe haven. Someone wrote in a review that there was no lift - don't know what he was talking about, I took the elevator up and it worked just fine.
Don't expect a huge breakfast, because the food is very typical to Spain, with donuts and baked goods, but that's to be expected, since it's a boutique hotel and not a major chain.
Don't forget to check out the park right next to the hotel - it's amazing!

Room Tip: There are interior rooms with a view to the stairs and outer rooms with a view to the plaza (which is a bit noisier)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Hotel Apolonia H, Director de Recepción at Hotel Apolonia, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Dear Ronli N
Firstly I would like to thank you for taking the time to give your opinion about your stay in our hotel.
One of the fundamental values of our company is to offer personalized guest and quality services.
Receiving positive feedback such as yours gives us great satisfaction and I kindly ask for your permission to share it with all our team.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you require any other information.
We hope to welcome you and your family back. We will be delighted to see you again soon!
Yours sincerely.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

OK, so here goes: They do try hard - but not in the best ways. (I don't really need 6 different options for extra pillows. I don't really care if it's a memory foam, mid-firm, or a combination. Just give me a pillow). But when a Hotel advertises Air-conditioning, it must be available year-round, just like heat. After all, my version of comfortable may not be the same as the next guest. Yet, looking me in the eye and saying "well it's only May, and Soria isn't usually hot in May, so we don't turn that on until June or July," is not acceptable. Particularly when it is advertised as a reason I might choose your facility. My wife and I were fortunate, we had a room on the top floor with a door to an open patio that could be left ajar. It was LOUD outside, but at least we could breath and stay relatively cool. Our friend had a room on a floor below where the only window was to the interior (center) of the building. He lived in a burning-stuffy nightmare. I can't imagine what it would be like in the summer months - or anytime close - prior to or after, the grand turning on (or off) of the air! Sheeeeez! Really? Not the first time I have run into this particular problem in my travels, but it always serves to tick me off. 'If you advertise it, they will come.' But you had better make it available when we get there. Want to earn another star? Save your money on pillows, and upgrade your HVAC system. Most assuredly so, for the rooms that apparently do not even have a window to the outside.

This is a hotel that is trying hard. They have lovely attentive people at the front desk. And a nice little breakfast bit in the restaurant / bar below.

Room Tip: Be certain to get a room with a window to the outside!
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 February 2017 via mobile

More than a butique Hotel within 5 min walk from city center.
Cozy and very hot which i liked the most.I was impresed by cleanniness and very quite room. As for a bussiness trip i will stronly recomand. Bad point !! No lift.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2017

The hotel front desk staff were helpful and friendly. We had a room located in "The Attic" for 3 persons. One bedroom with two singles and pull out couch in living area. I used the couch which was comfortable. We elected for this room as we were there only one night. The small bathroom was clean and served its purpose. There were no windows with exterior views, skylights provided exterior light.l. There was a small cafe adjoining the hotel which provided the typical continental breakfast. We opted for a cafe Americano instead as we had taken our own provisions. Parking was a short walk away no more than 10 minutes and was exclusively pedestrian walking. The hotel is located in a quaint Plazza abound with bars and cafes. I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2017