“The WORST place I have ever eaten - period.”
Review of Bar Due Pini

Bar Due Pini
Ranked #51 of 58 Restaurants in Anacapri
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 26 September 2018 via mobile

Well well well... Where on earth do I start with this shambolic, disgusting, terrible, dreadful, appalling, dismal, shockingly disastrous excuse for a restaurant.
From the moment we stepped in to the placed we knew it was going to be awful.
It is situated right beside the stairlift to Monte Solaro in Anacapri so as you can imagine this place gets lots of tourists. I only wish everyone could read reviews before going (I wish we did) because this place is seriously dangerous.
I ordered a lasagne and my girlfriend ordered a ham, cheese and lettuce toastie.
Brace yourselves...
The very rude and unwelcoming waiter brought out the food which he just dropped on the table. My lasagne was disgusting. It looked like someone had crucified the dead and stuck tomato sauce on it, banged it in the microwave for 2 minutes and served it. Clearly from FROZEN, the meat was grey. The meat was cold. The layers of cheese were cold. It was warm around the edges but that was it. The sauce was a liquid fluidy great big oily mess which looked out of date. To be frank it was food poisoning on a plate ready to unleash hell on someone’s insides. I ate a little bit because I was starving before realising I may develop some sort of food poisoning.
My girlfriend’s horrible sandwich was wet. The bread, most likely defrosted in a toaster was genuinely dripping like a dishcloth. The ham and cheese looked alright but the lettuce was MOULDY. Literally a rank piece of mouldy lettuce inside a wet piece of bread. Monstrous.
While I was eating, I could see the restaurant waiter (older fella) and a younger fella watching us from inside and they genuinely looked like they had made this food from hell and were serving it to tourists just to see what their reaction was...
As a typical Brit in a foreign country, I didn’t say anything at the time and just paid the bill. But if that was in the UK, there is no way on God’s earth I would’ve paid that bill.
I can safely say that this was the worst meal I have ever had in my entire life and I can’t warn people off from this totally abhorrent restaurant enough. It needs to be closed down and the food thrown into Mount Doom never to be seen again.

Reviewed 20 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped for lunch at this location today. I had the pizza margherita and my wife had another type of pizza and a water bottle. Food taste was great.

Table clothes/covers were really dirty and seemed old and outdated. The washrooms were also dirty and no seat to sit on needing to squat to do any lady business or # 2 for men.

Look not far away and you will find something that owners put a little bit more effort to maintain.

Staff was friendly however.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Stopped for a coffee as we got of bus in ana Capri. Expensive coffee and I'm afraid my wife's cappocinno was not very good and my Americano not the best, but not the worst I had, ok for a quick stop

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

Hot dog had blow fly eggs between sausage and bread. They told us it had happened whilst we were eating it! They dismissed all responsibility. Disgusting.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Service poor, not interested in us.
One coke was very flat, and getting another was difficult.
Diavola pizza good, but not the best.
Double cheesey pizza was poor, as it arrived my brother drained the juice/milk (photo attached) off the pizza. It was so inderdone.
Nice little spot by the chairlift but definitly go somewhere else.

Date of visit: October 2017