All reviews walking distance to everything ice cream gorge lake wineries
Reviewed 7 September 2017

I tried to give this place a chance. We stayed in the "hotel" in a double queen room.
The room was very outdated and not clean as some of the other reviews stated (stains on carpet and chairs, dusty furniture... The air conditioner/heating unit made a constant buzzing noise. We reported it to the front desk and they stated their maintenance staff didn't work on weekends. Then they had the nerve to ask why we needed the air conditioner because it was not hot outside....We asked for a discount on our $200+/night room and they refused. DO NOT SPEND THE MONEY!!

Room Tip: None of the rooms are worth the price they are charging.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tlc123382
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Had to cancel our reservations. We cancelled two days before our arrival and were charged one nights stay, including taxes, because we did not cancel at least seven days before arrival. Cost: over $350 for canceling two reservations. Beware!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

I wish I didn't have to put even one star. We were hoping for a nice little inn near town and when we saw the pretty pictures on the Villager Motel and Glen Manor Inn website, we thought we had found it. What a total rip off! They said our rooms would be in "the hotel," not in the motel. We thought that meant the Glen Manor Inn. The description on the website told of a historic inn that belonged to someone historic, showed pretty pictures and mentioned the dining room. Nope. We were in a dump with old grubby bedspreads; chairs that were stained and even the toilet seat was marred and discolored. Ugh.... it was gross. The dining room was a joke. It looked like a factory employee break room. You could microwave a (previously frozen) pancake or toast a frozen waffle. The view out the window was of the backside of decrepit buildings. The room did not even have tissues and the clock had the wrong time. The doors/walls have no sound-deadening capabilities and the large group of bikers staying there sounded like they were in our room during the times they weren't drinking in the parking lot. This place was the opposite of charming. Don't think the website photos have anything to do with this awful place. Keep looking.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Barbara K
Reviewed 27 June 2017

The room was adequate, old hair dryer only worked on low. Not worth using. No clock, radio, nothing. No way to tell time, bad place to be cheap. No towel bar or even hook in bathroom. Had to remember to take towel from other room, then lay it on the toilet or floor, yuk. Another bad place to be cheap. The worst part was having me pay in advance for my planned 5 night stay, then refusing to give me a refund for the 2 nights that I couldn't stay because I had to fly out early for family reasons. It was a sold out weekend and I am sure that they re sold my room, I gave plenty of notice. I have managed a motel before, the right thing to do is refund the room price, especially if you can re sell the room. Very poor customer service Villager, I will and am telling everyone.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank _coopertohee
Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Just got home from a 2 night stay here. I have to say I was a little skeptical being a "motel" and also since it was so cheap but we were pleasantly surprised! The staff checking us in were very nice and showed us around. We stayed in the small one bed room. It was very clean!!! The room was small as I said but it suited us just fine. Even came with a mini fridge which we weren't expecting. The best part was the location. Walkable to everything! Shops, restaurants, bars, the lake, and the gorge. All within 5 blocks of the hotel. We parked when we got there and didn't drive anywhere til we checked out. We will definitely be back and will highly recommend to others! Thanks for a great stay!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple