Idlwilde Inn(Watkins Glen)
Lakeside Resort(Watkins Glen)(Great Value!)
US$140
Hotels.com
Colonial Inn & Motel(Watkins Glen)
TripAdvisor
Gorgeous View Motel(Watkins Glen)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewscontinental breakfastview of seneca lakefamily run establishmentstay there againbare bonescan't beat the viewlike stepping back in timemain buildingfinger lakes winenothing fancyanother coupleair conditionerflat screen tvwine tastingmontageloungerisers
Reviewed 18 October 2016

This motel has a significant place in motor sport history, but that is not the only reason to visit and stay here.
I love my motor sport and that was a big reason why I, my wife and three friends touring the US from London, UK stayed at the Glen Motor Inn.
Pretty much anyone who was anything in racing stayed here and that is reflected in the numerous images and artefacts in the reception and restaurant areas.
But of equal importance is the warm welcome, friendly, easy-going atmosphere, great food and magnificent views of Seneca Lake afforded by all rooms and the on-site restaurant.
Our three rooms were all spotless. We were informed that they were formerly used by the BRM formula one team drivers and crew - significant to me, but possibly irrelevant to others.
Most of the hotel has been preserved to represent how it was back in its heyday, which added to the appeal for us.
If you are looking for state-of-the-art decor and a soulless modern motel-chain ambiance, you won't get it here.
What you will get is the warmest welcome from a family-run establishment that is maintained with a nod to the past while keeping standards very much contemporary.
We ate at the Montage Italian Grill on site and had a wonderful meal at reasonable prices. A nice complementary breakfast is included in the price of your stay.
Being early risers, we walked down along the lakeshore road and enjoyed the sunrise before breakfast, Seneca Lake is certainly a beautiful and tranquil place. I would recommend you try to do the same.
If that doesn't appeal, just enjoy the view from your own balcony anytime of day.
Back for breakfast, we enjoyed more conversation with Vic, Linda and Nancy who have owned and run the place since it opened, and then reluctantly said our goodbyes and moved on.
It would have been nice to have stayed longer, next time we will.
To sum up: If you are interested in motor sport history, go and stay there, and be sure to mention your interest - Vic has some great stories.
If you just want good clean, comfortable accommodation with great food and an unparalleled view of the lake, go there too.
You won't regret it.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have views of the lake and it is very quiet and tranquil here. A great place to wake up in.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Duffspeed
Reviewed 13 October 2016

This motel has been a family business since it was built. It's older and a little worn but after spending several days at Hampton and Holiday Inns we wanted something more connected to the area. We enjoyed this little motel. It was clean and beds were comfortable. I chose it for the view tho. Beautiful view of the lake. I liked parking right outside my door where I could get things from the car quickly. We walked up to the restaurant for an excellent dinner--also with that lovely view. A light breakfast was included, plenty for us, and coffee was fine! It would be nice if they updated to flat screen t.v. and a small frig. would be nice. Would stay there again if in area. Just remember it is not the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: All rooms have view.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yev2
Reviewed 27 September 2016

The view from our room was spectacular!! Great sitting on the deck and relaxing, watching boats on the lake and What incredible scenery !!! Very comfortable beds, and, what a nice surprise to find extra pillows in the closet !!! That is something you don't get anywhere, anymore. The cleaning staff did a wonderful job everyday !! The motel was fairly busy every night, but noticed no noise from the neighbors. Did not eat in the restaurant, but my husband went to the bar for a drink and said the bartender was pleasant and informative about the area. Friendly, efficient people at the front desk for check-in and check-out. The pool looked well maintained, although because of the cool weather, did not try it. All in all, a MOST PLEASANT experience and can't wait to return again.

Stayed: September 2016
1  Thank DMF53
Reviewed 11 September 2016

This was our second stay at Glen Motor Inn while visiting family and friends in the finger lakes region. Just as the first time, we were impressed with the friendliness and helpfulness of all staff. Linda was terrific, assisting us 2 months before with our reservation, answering endless questions. I believe it was David who was so friendly and informative at check-in. Our room was spotless with a beautiful view of the lake. We had a corner room with windows in front and on the side which made the room feel larger. Windows that open for the lake breeze! Both times, I felt like I was back at family summer cottage. No, it's not the Ritz, but it is so comfortable and relaxing. We will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Melissa W
Reviewed 6 September 2016 via mobile

My company booked this hotel because every 'chain hotel' was full. Wow did I get lucky! I arrived late at about 11:45 pm from Chicago. The owners son greeted me have me my old school room key, showed me the room and gave me suggestions where to grab some late night food. The room is a bit out dated, no USB plug in or 51" flatscreen TV but that is what I live about it. It feels like your staying with friends right in the lake. The staff is wonderful, it's very clean, minutes drive from the downtown area (and a straight shot down the road) When I return for another INDYCAR race at The Glen this will be the place I stay. In fact I might bring my family down sometime just for a get a way.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business