All reviews comfortable stay front desk staff beds were comfortable very clean hotel king room new york liza cooperstown
Reviewed 1 July 2018

First, this property is taking the appropriate step in its look and comfort but a correction needs to be made. The hotel has changed ownership and now Marriott runs it under the name of Delta Hotels. That caused some confusion because major signage was missing, however the hotel is still doing some remodeling so I suspect it will be coming later. The hotel lobby, adjoining restaurant and bar/lounge had it's grand opening while we were visiting. It is a very clean modern decor. We also ate at the restaurant and found the food to be good and reasonably priced. The rooms also have a modern decor and are very nice and clean. My major complaint is the double bed option. The beds are too small for two adults. I'm not sure after doing all of the remodeling why the hotel wouldn't make these queen sized beds. The room was large enough to accommodate the queen size. My recommendation for couples is get the King sized bed. The other issue but unrelated to the property is Utica is a old town that needs some revitalizing. We stayed in this town because it was about an hour from Cooperstown (Baseball Hall of Fame) and saved us a few dollars. There are only few dining options and frankly the places we ate at were mediocre. I would recommend this hotel but realizing there are some drawbacks.

Room tip: If you're a couple, get the King bed room.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 May 2018

Surprised by the amount of construction going on, so much so that there is no check-in lobby. The clerks were utilizing a small room next to the entrance. The first floor was a construction zone, yet there were many functions going on. Breakfast was being served in a makeshift area on the pool deck. They were charging for the same breakfast you would get at a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. You even had to make your own waffles. Curious! I have to say that the room I had was recently renovated and was clean. The decor is minimalist modern. Hopefully things will improve once the obstacles in the lobby are removed and the renovations completed. I feel strongly that the breakfast should have been included in the price with what they were offering.

Date of stay: May 2018
Reviewed 8 May 2018

Not a great experience at this hotel. I was staying there for a bodybuilding show going on that weekend. This was the host hotel and we should have been warned that there was some major renovations going on by the hotel when booking. They don't even have a lobby. Now, I understand that is out of their control, but there were a number of other issues that added up to us not being very pleased with our stay. First, we had no garbage cans in our room, no garbage cans on our floor, and when we asked housekeeping, they did not seem to care too much. My husband just happened to find one in a storage room on another floor. Next was our coffee machine being broken and the front desk was unwilling to check it out. They just accused us of not knowing how to operate it. It was missing the piece where the filter goes?! They had multiple issues scanning our card because their machine kept going on and offline, parking is quite confusing since you have to park in the parking garage next door (they validated it for us, but family not staying at this hotel had to pay), no wifi- it wasn't working, no microwave on our floor- floor two, you had to pay for a very okay breakfast (I think this should be included due to the fact of all the surrounding construction), and in the middle of the night as they slipped our bill under the door and they were so loud, they scared us both awake. We were very unpleased with our stay. We did mention our dissatisfaction with our stay to the front desk and I will say they were very considerate then, but a little late to address our concerns. They did offer us a voucher for breakfast, but my husband and I wanted to hit the road then and actually get something real nice to eat. Anyways, I hope after construction this place gets it together. At least the rooms were clean and the decor is up to date. The bathrooms were clean too. Other than that, not a great stay.

Date of stay: April 2018