All reviews claw foot tub lavender room frittata sitting room gourmet breakfast with real maple syrup private hallway new york a great stay rita solitude victorian hosts brewery
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Recently stopped in Utica on vacation trip from Saratoga Springs to Lake Seneca. Lovely Victorian B&B with great breakfast and lovely hosts. Utica had great food (Tailor & the Cook), yoga, Utica Bread, Utica Coffee, the Saranac Brewery & the MWP museum. Definitely worth an overnight stay & excellent accommodations!

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rosemont I, Owner at Rosemont Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! We love the city of Utica for all the things you mentioned and so much more. We appreciate your support of our small family owned bed and breakfast. We look forward to seeing you and serving you again.

Best, Rita and Grace Sleys

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My daughter and I stayed two nights in the Wine & Roses room while visiting Pratt MWP in February. The owners were perfectly accommodating to my terrible schedule. I had planned a 10 p.m. arrival but actually arrived at midnight. They still greeted us warmly, explained keys and breakfast, and showed us to our room. The room was charming and clean, the beds were comfortable, and we crashed. In the morning we had plenty of hot water for showers. There were soft towels; special shampoos, conditioners, and soaps; a hair dryer; and an iron and ironing board. Nothing was overlooked. We ate a perfect breakfast in the dining room. Then we left to explore Utica and the campus. The following morning we needed to leave quite early. As we were leaving our room keys at the desk, we saw that our hosts had left a bag of homemade muffins just for us! I'm grateful to the owners of Rosemont Inn for giving my daughter and me such a pleasant experience. I plan to stay at Rosemont Inn again when I return to Utica.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank clarkfamily88
Rosemont I, Owner at Rosemont Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Thank you, clarkfamily88, for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future! Best, Rita and Grace

Reviewed 8 January 2018

Who would have thought we'd find such a gem in Utica! Lovely Victorian home, beautifully decorated. Luxurious bathroom with claw foot tub. Comfortable bed. Marble mantels throughout. Sitting room with snacks, coffee, tea, etc. Gourmet breakfast and excellent service. Highly recommended.

Room tip: We loved Chantilly but all the rooms are lovely.
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rosemont I, Owner at Rosemont Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2018

Thank you, Debra, for your kind words and for taking the time to share your experience with others.

We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Grace Sleys
Innkeeper
Licensed Massage Therapist

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Charming room and nice young folks (siblings Grace and James) hosting on this weekday visit. Terrific art museum (Munson Williams Proctor) just down the road was a plus, and it's a pedestrian friendly neighborhood for walking. Utica is fascinating with its Olmsted-designed parks and parkways. Good breakfast. I liked the Lavender Room very much but the mattress was hard on my back - very soft to the point of concavity - and the foot end of the mattress/bed was considerably higher than the head end. If the mattress were replaced, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

Room tip: The Lavendar Room is lovely but the mattress could use updating.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle S

Thank you, Michelle, for taking the time to share your experience with others.

We love Utica for all of the reasons that you listed. It always pleases us when we can serve others who also appreciate that about our small city.

We are learning the manage the feather toppers that are on most of our beds. After you made your comments about the bed, we spent some time adjusting the feathers and making sure it was properly "fluffed" so that more of the feathers were in the middle, rather than at the bottom of the bed.

We did an extra training session for our cleaning helpers to be sure they know the importance of having the feathers evenly distributed before proceeding to make the bed.

We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. Remind us about the mattress issue on the phone or in a note on your online reservation, and we will be sure to give you some extra attention.

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Had a wonderful stay at this inn-- one of my all-time favorites, and I've stayed at many.

Hospitality and warm welcome topped my list of pluses. I had arranged a late arrival because I was doing a train trip for the foliage, but Amtrak ran 2 hours behind and I didn't arrive until nearly 11 pm. The innkeeper waited up for me, and made me feel welcome despite the late hour.

Room was immaculate and beautifully decorated, from the high poster bed to the mahogany dressing table, fireplace and comfy rocking chair. The room was comfortable as well as authentically Victorian, a rare combination.

Breakfast was a three-course delight, served on rose-patterned china in a sunny breakfast room overlooking the sugar maples in front. Fresh fruit, perfectly-done frittata, muffins hot out of the oven. juice and gourmet coffee.

In all, a great stay!

Room tip: Rooms in the back are quieter, but Lavender Room is beautiful and looks out on lovely trees
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Rosemont I, Owner at Rosemont Inn Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear KayH,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with others. It was a joy and pleasure to serve you while you were traveling along through Central NY. Thank you for choosing to support our small family business. We look forward to serving you again on future travels!

Grace Sleys